BTN: 144.6 BB
      SB: 503.6 BB
      Hero (BB): 108.6 BB
      UTG: 159.4 BB
      MP: 50.2 BB
      CO: 120.6 BB (Unknown)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:club: Q:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, SB calls 2.6 BB, Hero raises to 13 BB, CO calls 10 BB, fold

Flop: ($1.45, 2 players) 5:heart: 7:diamond: 7:club:

PF: I'm very likely ahead of my opponent's range so I 3-bet for protection, fold equity and I guess an unknown could call with worse.

F: I guess the only thing I could get to fold is Kx type hands which I am beating anyway but a lot of hands will call which are beating me.

I really don't like to call OOP so I'd find a fold here but is this too weak, if so then what line would you take on this and further streets?
  • 5 replies
    • Spungeh
      as played cbet.

If you don't like playing out of position on boards like this with AQs kind of hands, then just fold the flop and move on to the next hand.

IMO: maybe the flop 3bet was abit big?

With that flop, I would cbet and then see what he does. He is calling a massive 3bet pre, so he has Ax, AK etc.. so you can only really win by a bluff.. 577r misses his range allot...

If you cbet here and get raised you fold imo.

A Judge will be here soon to hopefully explain things better.
    • maheepsangari
      I don't think I'd C-Bet flop especially it being a huge 3 bet pot.

He's not folding overpairs, he might not fold over cards either and we are OOP. If you C-Bet flop and he calls and the turn doesn't help then you'll be in a fix again and might end op overplaying the hand completely.

Call me a nit but I'd check/fold it on the flop.
    • kymupa

Preflop I think squeezing is good here.
      Sizing is all right and I won't make it smaller.

When he calls preflop his range is most probably PP's like 88-JJ, Ax hands like AJ/AQ (some players even call AT), and some other broadways and SC's .

I think we have an easy cbet here on the flop without any further information for the following reasons:
      - we have the initiative - we raised preflop, so we represented a strong range and now we just continue
      - we have two overcards that are most probably going to be our outs, and backdoor FD
      - board doesn't hit his range

So we are just happy to make him fold his AJ and stuff like that, and some players are going to fold even 88 here.
      Also we don't need to make a big bet - something like 16bb will do the job and there are some turn cards that we can barrel.

Do you guys have anything to add or ask?

• maheepsangari
      I still feel a C-bet wouldn't be great cause we don't have a lot of fold equity. If we C-bet flop and he calls, then what do you do if the turn doesn't help us?

What if the turn is a non club K?
      What if the turn is a low card again like 3?
    • kymupa

I think we are overestimating our opponent.

Most of the people play pretty straight forward in those spots because they are just as afraid as we are, and even more.

I think most of the time he won't be floating flop and even if he calls the flop we could just bet the turn on some cards (like J,Q,K,A,club) and take the pot.