Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 3:heart: 3:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50, 2 players) T:spade: J:club: 3:diamond:
      SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00

Turn: ($3.50, 2 players) 4:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.22, SB raises to $6.66, Hero calls $4.44

River: ($16.82, 2 players) 4:heart:
      SB bets $9.75, Hero...?

clearly all streets can be discussed, thoughts?
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Quite often I 3bet preflop here. Initially I 3bet/fold but it's the start of creating a dynamic where he either leaves my blind alone or puts in lots of money OOP vs me, both results being great. With time, you can create a dynamic to 3bet/5bet all pairs here and be +EV and also quite annoying/tough to play against.

As played, it depends a lot on your gameplan. Do you want to raise many flops against him? Do you think floating flops and bluffing later will show more of a profit. Basically, if you think he puts in more money later you should float both your bluffs and your made hands such as here because with your bluffs you capitalize on more dead money and with your made hands you don't get paid off if you think he folds to a raise.

Given his check/raise on the turn I usually get all fancy here and click it back. I think he never gets away from a made hand and it ensures I can easily shove rivers. It also gives him the option to call the 3bet, shove against it, fold to it and often times we play river IP as well so more spots for him to make a mistake. Also, his sizing doesn't allow for an easy river shove either from him or from us if he checks river so I dislike just calling. I think he stacks off too light for you to not 3bet here. All combo draws, 2 pairs, probably QQ+, even AJ might get fancy here. It's BvB, you don't get credit too much and for a good reason usually.

Given how you reached the river I can't think how you cannot shove for value. 44 is more unlikely, QQ+ beats JT now.. Not all JJ and TT c/r turn, they probably barrel often.. If he took this silly line with K4s, A4 you cooler him as well. Value shove river FTW!
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah, i like that.

i think that as a default i raise very little when in position, i guess it should be the other way around. :f_biggrin:
      as you see i'm floating pretty much my entire range, i think i could very well have KQ sometimes on this river :f_biggrin: maybe sometimes i raise flop with JT, AQ, 98, 97 (and sometimes i will also 3bet these preflop) which is obviously pretty narrow.

clicking back turn is definitely interesting and something that i should be considering sometimes (also on flops), i almost never do it :f_biggrin:
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      yeah, i like that.

i think that as a default i raise very little when in position, i guess it should be the other way around. :f_biggrin:
      as you see i'm floating pretty much my entire range, i think i could very well have KQ sometimes on this river :f_biggrin: maybe sometimes i raise flop with JT, AQ, 98, 97 (and sometimes i will also 3bet these preflop) which is obviously pretty narrow.

clicking back turn is definitely interesting and something that i should be considering sometimes (also on flops), i almost never do it :f_biggrin:
      Yes, clicking back is a strong tool because it's risking the minimum. If the SPR is as such that a click back leverages stacks, I usually take that sizing. You have to keep in mind this also gets you more calls so be prepared to play more streets.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah, that's okay

just want to say that it might be on your interest to mark as evaluted :D