BTN: $22.04
      Hero (SB): $25.88
      BB: $7.27
      UTG: $7.87
      MP: $32.82
      CO: $33.45

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 9:club: 9:heart:

fold, MP calls $0.25, fold, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, fold, MP calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.50, 3 players) 7:heart: T:heart: T:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($2.50, 3 players) 8:spade:
      Hero bets $1.58, fold, BTN raises to $3.25, fold

BTN wins $5.38

mp 4-tabling fishreg 24/3/300h, btn unknown 10 hands with autonote read that he flat called AA against some random raise.

overall thoughts?
      ott i think that this btn guy is definitely well capable of playing 77/TT/88 like this, but still something feels wrong overall here.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Interesting!

My line would be to check/call turns as well quite often because I usually get one street of value, very difficult to get 2. Like I've been saying in other posts, when OOP I advocate a style than favours going to showdown often because you rarely force opponents into mistakes with aggression because they are used to it and respond well IP whether they have good knowledge or not, it's simply how the game works: position makes you play better.

I do agree that something smells fishy when you get raised.. The sizing doesn't look like the nuts and the nuts are a very narrow range already. However, you have a note saying he flatted AA preflop. That makes it bad for you because now you can include a percentage of JJ+ hands which might or might not be convinced to fold. My vote goes for not because why else would he 'slowplay' them like this?

I would sigh fold if I were you since I don't know how I could exploit my opponent. You also have a difficult time on many rivers even with the OESD... I just can't think of a +EV way of playing after you bet turn and face a raise here... Calling turn should be +EV in a vacuum but what about river play?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

- Flop, Don't you guys like to lead out? BTN will probably not CB air here 3way so I prefer protecting my hand in this spot whilst there are a ton of cards we don't want to see on the turn.

- Turn, Again, I like leading here. Why? Because they can perfectly have KJ and AQ and check behind the turn... Then there are a lot of cards they can hit for free. We have to protect some equity here and there is even some value to get.

Emanuel? :)

ty
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Leading is an option but I can't say leading 99 here is OK without knowing what other hands you lead. I'm not too worried about turn cards actually. An overcard card comes 1/3 of the time but 1/4 of those give us a flushdraw, plus a Jack gives us a gutter as well. We don't have to check/fold on all bad cards

Regarding the turn play, I prefer checking because of our OESD mostly. If someone has 8x or improved their equity with the 8 they will bet quite often and after being checked twice, BU increases his 'stab to take it down' frequency. If you bet and hit OESD, you don't have implied odds because it's pretty obvious you don't bet/bet air there. When you check/call though you can still have a flushdraw, gutshots with overs, medium pair and fold against bets when board becomes 4 to a straight so you get implied odds from his bluffs.