[NL2-NL10] FF NL4-6Max KAs OTB

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Party, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $1.96 (49 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $5.06 (126.5 bb)
      UTG: $3.96 (99 bb)
      MP: $3.03 (75.8 bb)
      SB: $1.64 (41 bb)
      CO: $9.04 (226 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K A
      UTG calls $0.04, MP raises to $0.08, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.32, 3 folds, MP calls $0.24

Flop: ($0.74) 9 Q J (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP raises to $0.80, Hero folds

Results:
      $1.54 pot ($0.07 rake)
      Final Board: 9 Q J
      Hero mucked K A and lost (-$0.72 net)
      MP mucked and won $1.47 ($0.75 net)

I dont know how to describe the meaning of the stats in terms of if the players a TAGy or LAGy in 6max so until I do Ill just post there stats unless I have less than 20 hands. In this case MP is a Unknown.

On the Flop with 2 Overs and a GS I think CBetting is correct?
  • 4 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Flop is very drawy. You won't have a lot of fold equity either. You don't even have much equity to begin with as even if you hit a pair he might complete a draw. Effectively you only have 3 outs.

So check behind on the flop here as well.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      How do you expect villains range to hit this flop?

Can we bet for value, bluff or semi-bluff?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Q9,J9,QJ, KT, JT, QT, AT, T8 everything can be in his limp/calling range that might have hit. Then so many flush draws possible with suited connectors or pair+flush draw or Gutshot+flush draw combos possible.

Our gutshot isn't even good cause we don't have a flush/backdoor flush draw. If an A or a K falls on the turn, many gutshots might hit or some hands might make 2 pair.

I think a bet is a bluff, I won't even call it a semi bluff since many cards that improve out hand might make his better.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Q9,J9,QJ, KT, JT, QT, AT, T8 everything can be in his limp/calling range that might have hit. Then so many flush draws possible with suited connectors or pair+flush draw or Gutshot+flush draw combos possible.

Our gutshot isn't even good cause we don't have a flush/backdoor flush draw. If an A or a K falls on the turn, many gutshots might hit or some hands might make 2 pair.

I think a bet is a bluff, I won't even call it a semi bluff since many cards that improve out hand might make his better.
      Well said maheep.

The flop bet is a bluff and only hands that we can hope villain will fold is low pockets and some low connectors.

Thus this is a spot where checking back and playing turn (if he bets we most likely fold UI).