[NL2-NL10] FF NL4-6Max A4o OTB

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Party, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $1.62 (40.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $7.06 (176.5 bb)
      SB: $9.63 (240.8 bb)
      BB: $4.70 (117.5 bb)-VPIP 43%-PFR 34%-PFAF 1.6-FTFlCB 25%(8)-Hands 159
      CO: $5.22 (130.5 bb)
      UTG: $4.33 (108.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A 4
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, SB folds, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) 5 A 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, BB calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.58) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.58) 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $0.58 pot ($0.02 rake)
      Final Board: 5 A 9 J 2
      Hero showed A 4 and won $0.56 ($0.28 net)
      BB showed 9 K and lost (-$0.28 net)

I dont know how to describe the meaning of the stats in terms of if the players a TAGy or LAGy in 6max so until I do Ill just post there stats unless I have less than 20 hands. In this case BB is a ME.

Not sure but I thinking Checking behind the River is correct?
  • 4 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      According to me BB is quite loose. I won't even bother stealing blinds sometimes since he'll call and I don't see a lot happening with A4o. A TP is also going to be quite dominated.

I'll want to check his 3betting stats too. If he's raising 34% then his 3bet might be quite a bit I assume and unless you wanna 4bet bluff him (which I don;t think you should to this guy), you perhaps shouldn't even open preflop.

Flop C-bet is fine and then you give up your hand cause it could be dominated which is why its not worth stealing blinds from loose players with easily dominated hands.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      On the flop we get called by mostly Ax, 9x, TT, JJ and that's pretty much it. Considering that he seems a bit fishy he will have a lot of Ax hands.

While the cbet is standard as a thin value bet we could also check flop back and allow him to bluff his wide range or value bet if he checks.

As played it's hard to get much value past the flop. On the river we could fire a 1/3-1/2 bet to get value from 9x and TT but I'd only do this if I would expect him to bet Ax on river (and thus when he check he doesn't have many Ax in his range)
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      On the flop we get called by mostly Ax, 9x, TT, JJ and that's pretty much it. Considering that he seems a bit fishy he will have a lot of Ax hands.

While the cbet is standard as a thin value bet we could also check flop back and allow him to bluff his wide range or value bet if he checks.

As played it's hard to get much value past the flop. On the river we could fire a 1/3-1/2 bet to get value from 9x and TT but I'd only do this if I would expect him to bet Ax on river (and thus when he check he doesn't have many Ax in his range)
      I like the idea of checking flop and inducing bluffs or making a delayed C-bet more now.

However do you think one should steal with this hand against this BB?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

I like the idea of checking flop and inducing bluffs or making a delayed C-bet more now.

However do you think one should steal with this hand against this BB?
      If he 3-bets a lot then I wouldn't. However if he doesn't I think it's fine because villain will play a lot of hands and we have position/initiative. Its just that on dry A high flops we cant play for a lot of money.