[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 50 KK on dry board villain can bluff me well?

• DeMarcohsp
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $52.25 (104.5 bb)
      CO: $80.34 (160.7 bb)
      BTN: $47.75 (95.5 bb)
      SB: $49.19 (98.4 bb)
      BB: $45.75 (91.5 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $55.25 (110.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K K
      Hero raises to $1.75, MP calls $1.75, 2 folds, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

Flop: ($5.75) 5 8 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.50, MP raises to $12, SB raises to $30, 2 folds

SB is the fish MP is the reg.

I wonder if MP has a good opportunity to bluff on this board as the 40/4 fish will fold very often and even I at first glance would be very inclined to fold.

Problem is he is not representing anything strong(all the sets would call to keep the fish in) so in this particular case my line would be to call, check turn and if he checks back bet some inducing size on the river.
  • 3 replies
    • fortunewheel
      If the sb is a fish , i don't see him bluffing against the reg on this flop ever. He's a fish so only thing he sees is a bet and a raise and he thinks ' wauw one of these guys is willing to play for stacks and i have a hand.' I agree that MP might be simply bluffraising this flop but the fish is never bluffing. Ocasionally u might get owned by the fish who has a hand like A8 and thnks' zomg TPTK' let's get in in. But most of the time he's just check call so to me this looks like sets / maybe a hand like 58. Fishes tho the weirdest things but i expect you to be beat alot.
    • EmanuelC16
      I wouldn't completely discount sets, I just think they are less likely. Some just play their hand without being aware of dynamics around player types.

Given that you think he is full of it quite often (with which I kind of agree, apart from the previous mention) your goal should be to continue to represent a bluff/weak range. I think once you call you don't do that. Nobody flats here OOP with air. I usually call upon the mighty click it back option here and cross my fingers he spazzes like a pro or calls and I can value shove turns. This is mostly because you are OOP. IP I agree with calling and going from there because you can still bet 2 more streets, while if you call here, you don't want the turn to check around too often.

LE: Once SB 3bets it's easy, I assume that wasn't a problem for you! :D
    • DeMarcohsp
      Good point, thanks judge!