[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 50 JJ vs turn x/r

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $79.98 (160 bb)
      UTG: $33.44 (66.9 bb)
      MP: $21.65 (43.3 bb)
      CO: $165.95 (331.9 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $62.71 (125.4 bb)
      SB: $48.50 (97 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J J
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.25) 7 7 T (2 players)
      BB bets $5.25, Hero calls $5.25

Turn: ($20.75) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $11, BB raises to $69.73 and is all-in, Hero calls $41.46 and is all-in

River: ($125.67) Q (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      $125.67 pot ($3.00 rake)
      Final Board: 7 7 T 8 Q
      BB showed K 8 and lost (-$62.71 net)
      Hero showed J J and won $122.67 ($59.96 net)

What do you think about my play given how aggressive villain is?

And wtf is he doing with that hand?
  • 5 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      value bluffing ofc

i think that both calling and stacking off preflop are fine.
      as it went vs a "solid" villain i want to fold the turn, the worst value hand that he can do this with is probably something like AT, maybe we also see some 9x or Ax spades... expecting to see QQ+ quite often but what do i know i guess
    • fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Bronze
      I think the betsize on the turn by villain would make me call. what 7x hand would play the turn like that? Secondly all his value overpairs would likely bet the turn themselves. QQ+ for sure never CR the turn, that doesn't make sense to me since he would fold out alot of the draws you could have.

Basically i'd put him on a draw . And if he is rlly aggro he probably 2 barrels AK, Aq ,Aj just cuz 2 barreling any boardtexture is cool on his thinking level.

I'm pretty shocked to see him with K8 which is kindda an advanced misaplied concept to turn a hand with showdownvalue into a bluff in this spot without major deep history between players.

Nh sir
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i think that draws usually prefer to c/r the flop so if he has draws ott it'd more towards 9x.
      and most of his 9x have a pair to go with it so i don't see he having draws that often...

i also think that this can be a fair way to play KK in villain's shoes being 125bb deep (not that it's clearly best but certainly worth thought)
      there are A LOT of bad rivers and hero's draws/Tx+ will bet the turn anyway so just end the action there.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Think pre flop is whatever, just because somebody 3bets alot doesn't mean they 5bet jam a big part of their 3bet range.

On the flop I would probably raise, we are ahead of his range, he can shvoe all draws and potentially good bluffcatchers as we rep zero and he is aggresive.

Also there will be too many ugly (got lucky here) turns that will kill the action or make it harder for us to continue.

What was your plan on different turn cards?
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey,

Think pre flop is whatever, just because somebody 3bets alot doesn't mean they 5bet jam a big part of their 3bet range.

On the flop I would probably raise, we are ahead of his range, he can shvoe all draws and potentially good bluffcatchers as we rep zero and he is aggresive.

Also there will be too many ugly (got lucky here) turns that will kill the action or make it harder for us to continue.

What was your plan on different turn cards?
      I like the raising flop idea - didn't really think about it.

Againt this guy plan was to call pretty much any turn but that would leave in even shittier river spots and it's all guessy guessy on so many turn cards. Again looks way better to raise.

Thanks sir!