fold, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, SB calls $0.65, fold

Flop: ($1.75, 2 players) 8:spade: A:heart: 9:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.25, SB raises to $3.30, Hero calls $2.05

Turn: ($8.35, 2 players) A:spade:
      SB bets $4.20, Hero calls $4.20

River: ($16.75, 2 players) K:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $27.92 and is all-in, fold

Villain is basicly unknown to me only 30 hands 15/13 , 3 bet 4,5 %
      I know his BB flating range could have lot off ppt so with this raise he could rep sets but i guess its to weak to fold on flop with Ak ipo..
      On the river i was confused and i didnt know what sizeng to use but my thought prosess was if he haveing full i should shove and i dont think that he will call here with JJ or 1010 no metter how small i bet and if he had J10 or some other draw he wont call either so if he has A or full he will call and i all other cases he will fold so bigger bet is ok, am i right ??
  • 7 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I agree with you that he calls whatever you bet if he has a full house.

The problem is: does he ever have a full house here? I think he bets that himself and he probably bets weaker Ax as well. I think he will usually have a hand like JT, 89s, 67s here so I think shoving basically never gets a call. Think of it this way: his range is very weak overall so he is unlikely to call. If we are mistaken in this assumption and he is strong, he will raise a small bet himself anyway. Thus, I think we should go funky with our bet sizing and make it ridic small and hope for a spazz/curiosity call from the hands mentioned before. I'd actually go for around $3.5 tbh, maybe even less. Sometimes a minbet is best.

I know it sounds ridiculous sometimes but his range is ULTRA weak here and if it isn't we get the same value anyway.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      I agree with emanu! Bet flop small as he won't call you with much, he might spew tho. Think I would bet 4.3 tho to make it look more like a blockbet.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Is the flopcall standard?
      - Villain is a nit so far
      - These Ahi boards doesn't get check/raise-bluffed a lot. He can still have two pair and sets.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      The sample size is too small. Thus folding seems too weak. If he somehow cr bluffed or a worse ace or value then folding is a huge mistake.

It also makes more sense to cr the turn from his pov with sets
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      It also makes more sense to cr the turn from his pov with sets
      I would check/raise a set here? :rolleyes:

But allright I get it ;) Indeed it feels a bit weak.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      In general you should always slowplay sets by default on dry boards. Unless u think he doesnt barrel turn often as a bluff and he will take pot control lines with top pair. If not, crimg the turn seems like a better idea in most cases.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      In general you should always slowplay sets by default on dry boards. Unless u think he doesnt barrel turn often as a bluff and he will take pot control lines with top pair. If not, crimg the turn seems like a better idea in most cases.
      Well that's what I think. The board isn't superdry either. The turn will never be a scarecard where he can bluff on so he isn't barreling