This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Ak backdoor full nl 25 sh

• dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $25.35
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $21.40
      Hero (CO): $36.17
      BTN: $25.00

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has A:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, SB calls $0.65, fold

Flop: ($1.75, 2 players) 8:spade: A:heart: 9:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.25, SB raises to $3.30, Hero calls $2.05

Turn: ($8.35, 2 players) A:spade:
      SB bets $4.20, Hero calls $4.20

River: ($16.75, 2 players) K:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $27.92 and is all-in, fold

Villain is basicly unknown to me only 30 hands 15/13 , 3 bet 4,5 %
      I know his BB flating range could have lot off ppt so with this raise he could rep sets but i guess its to weak to fold on flop with Ak ipo..
      On the river i was confused and i didnt know what sizeng to use but my thought prosess was if he haveing full i should shove and i dont think that he will call here with JJ or 1010 no metter how small i bet and if he had J10 or some other draw he wont call either so if he has A or full he will call and i all other cases he will fold so bigger bet is ok, am i right ??
  • 7 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I agree with you that he calls whatever you bet if he has a full house.

The problem is: does he ever have a full house here? I think he bets that himself and he probably bets weaker Ax as well. I think he will usually have a hand like JT, 89s, 67s here so I think shoving basically never gets a call. Think of it this way: his range is very weak overall so he is unlikely to call. If we are mistaken in this assumption and he is strong, he will raise a small bet himself anyway. Thus, I think we should go funky with our bet sizing and make it ridic small and hope for a spazz/curiosity call from the hands mentioned before. I'd actually go for around $3.5 tbh, maybe even less. Sometimes a minbet is best.

I know it sounds ridiculous sometimes but his range is ULTRA weak here and if it isn't we get the same value anyway.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      I agree with emanu! Bet flop small as he won't call you with much, he might spew tho. Think I would bet 4.3 tho to make it look more like a blockbet.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Is the flopcall standard?
      - Villain is a nit so far
      - These Ahi boards doesn't get check/raise-bluffed a lot. He can still have two pair and sets.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      The sample size is too small. Thus folding seems too weak. If he somehow cr bluffed or a worse ace or value then folding is a huge mistake.

It also makes more sense to cr the turn from his pov with sets
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      It also makes more sense to cr the turn from his pov with sets
      I would check/raise a set here? :rolleyes:

But allright I get it ;) Indeed it feels a bit weak.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      In general you should always slowplay sets by default on dry boards. Unless u think he doesnt barrel turn often as a bluff and he will take pot control lines with top pair. If not, crimg the turn seems like a better idea in most cases.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      In general you should always slowplay sets by default on dry boards. Unless u think he doesnt barrel turn often as a bluff and he will take pot control lines with top pair. If not, crimg the turn seems like a better idea in most cases.
      Well that's what I think. The board isn't superdry either. The turn will never be a scarecard where he can bluff on so he isn't barreling