Gold
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

MP: $54.40 (108.8 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $83.88 (167.8 bb)
      SB: $143.35 (286.7 bb)
      BB: $12.92 (25.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A 2
      MP calls $0.50, CO folds, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.75, BB folds, MP calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.50) 8 Q T (3 players)
      SB checks, MP bets $1.50, Hero raises to $7, SB calls $7, MP folds

Turn: ($22) K (2 players)
      SB bets $17, Hero ??? (74.88$ left)

MP is a 62/7 fish, donked 73% (8/11) on the flop so far.

SB (PS-member reg)

My image could be quite aggro in his eyes I think.

What's his range after coldcalling flop, donking turn? And what is the best play here?
      I dont think he'd play strong flop hands (QTs/T8s/J9s/QQ/TT/88) like this. KQ/AJ/lower flushes could be the most likely hands.
      What do you think about pushing? He seems to have a valuehand here, and what do I represent with a push? Nuts? :) Plus I dont want to see a paired card or a on the river, cause that way I might not get the rest of his stack.
      Of course pushing with the nuts could never be wrong, but is it better than just call turn, call/bet river here?
  • 5 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      holla,

Vs this sizing I think he is very strong/ Most likely AJ, KQ, K10 or flopped sets/2 pairs that are now scared of straights.

I would tank/jam here and never expect him to b/f.

He can also have turned flushed qxss jxss.

I don't want to call and a 1 liner or board pairer to come and think raising turn looks stronger than shoving and he can put us on AsXx.

What do you think?
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by pleno1
      I don't want to call and a 1 liner or board pairer to come and think raising turn looks stronger than shoving and he can put us on AsXx.

What do you think?
      Exactly the same. It's weird, but really shoving could be "weaker" in his eyes... :D So despite deepstacks I pushed allin on the turn, and he called with AJo... =)
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Maybe a late reply but is raising the flop the best option here? I don't expect much FE on this flop and we don't want to see a 4bet. On the other hand we could buy ourselves a free river :)
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      I think raising flop is almost mandatory:
      - we have great equity
      - MP is a huge fish, and has donked 73% of flops so far (very wide range)
      - he bet very small
      - therefore we have FE equity as well, and SB will also fold very often after seeing a donkbet and a raise
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Its not mandatory if he donks more than half pot (i prefer call) but i like raising more when he bets so small.

Most important thing to consider when deciding on raising draws :
      What do u do if he 3bets flop? I dont think ur opponent is ever going to bluff 3bet flop 3way, and there are so many nutted hands like J9s or twopairs
      Also, i prefer to call to let worse flushdraws come in. If both of u hit, u have a nice pay day.

This is why i think raising could be fine in 3bet pots or maybe in BvB with the board a little less coordinated (like QT7ss). No possible straights, many worsr draws we can get it in on the flop against, and even vs one pair hands like KK we are doing fairly well with 40% equity.

All my points were written assuming he donks larger but i misread hh :(