BTN ($41.11) 164bb
      Hero (SB) ($35.76) 143bb
      BB ($41.78) 167bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is SB K 7
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50

Flop: K 2 8 ($1.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BB calls $1

Turn: 7 ($3.50, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3.25, Hero raises to $10, BB goes all-in $40.03, Hero goes all-in $24.01

River: 4 ($71.52, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $71.52
      Hero shows two pair, Kings and Sevens K 7 BB shows a pair of Sixes 6 6 Hero wins $68.52 (net +$32.76) BB collects $6.02 (net -$35.76)

Villain is 14/9, 3b 4.2, AF 3.3, F2CB 33%(6), AFQ T 33%(8), CC steal BB 12(17).

PF I basically steal any2 vs such opponent untill proven he is trying to adapt.

Flop is standard cbet.

On Turn my main reason for c/r is to give him a chance to stab once with weaker holdings. I do realize I drive off weaker Kx but there shouldn't be too many of those, KT, KJ and maybe KQ but I do believe he 3b wider BvB. So I could be loosing value vs those on river if they fold.

I am really lost vs his shove, I could only see slowplayed sets. Only worse 2p is 78s and there is like 2 combos of those. I am not sure if he could overplay a combo draw, they also represent very few combos.

Given the fact that my line was somewhat "out of line" and my image is overall very aggro (I had 200hands on villain) I couldn't find a fold here.

Results rly surprised me, is it possible that my image and my line made him play his hand like this?
  • 6 replies
    • pleno1
      Hey Gregor,

Nice hand.

I think pre flop and flop are obviously standard so wont discuss.

On the turn I think we should go for a bet, he may check back a worse king or fold to our c/r whilst he will always call turn and river. He can also have hands like 89, a8, 99, 1010 that will call down but never bet theirselves.

On the turn as you said we often polarise ourself vs the top of his range which is pretty thin. He can even hero fold a lot of this too.

As played LOL nice shove 66!

Do you ever take this line as a bluff?
    • Saren113
      Obv that villian leveld himself on this turn! Therefor i kinda like being aggresive on those dryboards cause people think you never will play strong value hands like this. =)
    • TetraQuark
      I hardly ever take this line as a bluff. I think I also wouldn't need it balanced in this spot on micros.

-Do you think he spazzed cuz of my line in this spot? I do agree fancy playing w top value hands is a bit redundant at these stakes.

-What to we do if we bet-bet and get raised on T?
    • pleno1
      1) Absolutely he spazzed out because he thought you repped very little, but as you said at the micro limits I think people will be miore inclined to shrug fold than shrug call in this spot, especially with a hand like 66.

2) If we get raised on the turn I would call, we now have a bluffcatcher that is pretty similar to kq but with more blockers to hands that beat us. So I would call and then c/c the river. If the river is a blank then I would soemtimes lead so that his top pair hands that he raised for free showdown hero us as they put us on a draw.

What do you think of the b/call, donk line?
    • TetraQuark
      Yeah had a big discussion w a friend over bet call dnk line. At first I didn't like it at all, but when we stop and think, bvb ranges are alw wider (even w nits) so most of his range is air anyways or very weak. So we give him rope on T and he will almost never fold R to some 1/5 gaybet or smth. Sometimes we might even induce him w R dnk.
    • mbml
      that guy is 14/9 man... usually he would put you on set with his typical nitty mindset and fold instead of think about what hands you rep. Agree with everything pleno said, we want to barrel for value vs KQ KJ KT and such nits usually pot control turn