[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - AK on MP2

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP1: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (MP2): $61.16 (122.3 bb)
      MP3: $110.08 (220.2 bb)
      CO: $4.50 (9 bb)
      BTN: $76.60 (153.2 bb)
      SB: $30.92 (61.8 bb)
      BB: $52.83 (105.7 bb)
      UTG+2: $43.04 (86.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A K
      2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 3 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($4.50) 8 5 A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.19, SB calls $3.19

Turn: ($10.88) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.71, SB calls $7.71

River: ($26.30) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $12, SB raises to $18.02, Hero calls $6.02

Results:
      $62.34 pot ($3.00 rake)
      Final Board: 8 5 A 9 9
      Hero mucked A K and lost (-$30.92 net)
      SB showed 6 J and won $59.34 ($28.42 net)

Stats: VPIP: 59, PFR: 31, 3B: 9, AF: 1,6, Hands: 59

Should I have just checked behind?
      I thought an A could have payed me and a flush would have bet himself.
      That bastard had the courage to check/raise xD
  • 6 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey AtrociousNightmare,

Cool name :D

I would make it 3x pre flop. Why are you 4xn and what hands are you 4xn?

As standard unless super important circumstances I would 3x in this situation.

I think your play is fine.

Why? Our opponent looks very aggressive, if he had a flush draw there is a chance that he just raises the turn or river. He is extremely loose and he can have almost all Ax.

On the river we even beat slowplayed a5/a8 :)

So although it sucks a heart came, I would still go for value vs all Ax.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey AtrociousNightmare,

Cool name :D

I would make it 3x pre flop. Why are you 4xn and what hands are you 4xn?

As standard unless super important circumstances I would 3x in this situation.

I think your play is fine.

Why? Our opponent looks very aggressive, if he had a flush draw there is a chance that he just raises the turn or river. He is extremely loose and he can have almost all Ax.

On the river we even beat slowplayed a5/a8 :)

So although it sucks a heart came, I would still go for value vs all Ax.
      Thx for name :)
      I do 4x with all hands as the articles taught me o_O it's to give 2:1 odds (bit less but 1.75 would be a pain for practical reasons), also these people have no idea on what's the fold button for.

Also, how does he look very aggressive?
      He's very loose preflop, true, but AF is only 1.6, (despite the small amount of sample hands)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

3x should be standard, it keeps the price of our bluffs a little cheaper. Anyway, fine to stay with it now, but look forward to some new articles we are working on. I'm sure you will enjoy them.

I just saw his aggression from the 59/31, so whilst his post flop stats dont look super aggro, players with this general style are going to be super unlikely to always be straight face up and definitely prone to errors and spew.

AG factor postflop takes more hands to get a general opinion rather than pre flop stats which are established quicker and more accurately.

Regarding 4x, if you do keep 4x and there are aggressive 3bettors on your table then you should for sure start to 3x otherwise you will be needlessly losing 1bb too often.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey,

3x should be standard, it keeps the price of our bluffs a little cheaper. Anyway, fine to stay with it now, but look forward to some new articles we are working on. I'm sure you will enjoy them.

I just saw his aggression from the 59/31, so whilst his post flop stats dont look super aggro, players with this general style are going to be super unlikely to always be straight face up and definitely prone to errors and spew.

AG factor postflop takes more hands to get a general opinion rather than pre flop stats which are established quicker and more accurately.

Regarding 4x, if you do keep 4x and there are aggressive 3bettors on your table then you should for sure start to 3x otherwise you will be needlessly losing 1bb too often.
      Definitely looking forward then!
      Even though I'm way behind on theory, I know that sux, I had a troublesome period and it was hard to get a mind fresh enough to stable studying, also 'cos I have much troubles in studying during afternoon, and mornings are difficult to achieve especially when your wife is on another and earlier time zone, but I'm getting much better.

And yeah for the aggressive 3bettors, that was my plan.
      When there aren't too many fish around and more aggressive players I do slide to x3.
      But most of the time there are still more fish than regulars, and most of regulars are bad, with 1 max 2 exceptions for table.
      Sorry if I keep posting, I tend to answer more than I should I guess. xD

Oh and yey apparently you'll be my new hands coach :D nice to meet you ~
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Hey, like Patrick pointed out, 3xing is better option in general preflop. As played, all of your bets are fine. We can definitly get some value from worse aces and whatnot, and like you mention, he could certainly decide to donk the river when he hits the flush. It really sucks when you get check/raised, but I would just call since we have such amazing pot odds.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I would still bet fold the river?

Do you guys EVER see him bluffing and ever see him shoving worse? I can't even imagine this in my dreams :D