PT4 problem (pokerstars)

• Festfingre
      Festfingre
      Bronze
      Hello

i just started my trial with Pokertracker 4 and was kind of excited about it.

But nothing works, Stats kind of just freezes after random amount of hands.
      Max after 3 reinstalls is 102 hands, last was 0.
      The HUD doesn't show up at all, no matter what.

I have:
      Good computer
      Done eveything the website tells me to do
      Reinstalled 3 times

Basically i the program does nothing, except erasing all handhistories on reinstall.
      Good thing i made a backup. (i didn't)

So any tips?
  • 9 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Festfingre
      So any tips?
      Install the latest version which is 4.05.5 and NOT 4.04.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Also, reinstalling has never ever ever been the correct thing to do. It's just the software companies standard reply, because it saves the time and lets them blame their errors on other software than theirs - or on you. This is not particular for PT, it's industry standard. Install, reinstall, then REINSTALL.

I was quite happy with PT4 from the start. I was more stable than HM2, which has at least a million bugs, and the worst performance recorded in computation history. PT4, as it turn out, probably has tens of thousands of bugs. (If you ever had seen the "known issues" list with any reasonably bulky and widespread softeware, 10 000 bugs isn't that much if you count the so far unknown ones. I know about 100 issues with PT4 myself (two worthy of reporting to them), and I'm not a very serious user.

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • dibolique
      dibolique
      Bronze
      Just started using the trial for SPEED poker on iPoker network. Works great but then will lose the HUD.

If I restart computer then HUD returns and works.

Also seems to disappear more when playing tournies and multiple speed tables at once.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Restarting the computer seems like overkill for most problems (but read on).

Have you tried to restart the HUD only?
      Have you tried to restart PT4 only?

I have a problem with HUD that does not go away by restarting the HUD, but does go away when restarting PT4.

There is a middle path I haven't tried. Restarting PT4 and postgres. Could be an option for some of the bugs.

I have a cute bug (reported issue) problem. If I configure PT4 to go to the replayer (not HH) directly when double clicking, it will freeze my computer COMPLETELY. This requires a real hard boot (unplugging of the power cord).

• Festfingre
      Festfingre
      Bronze
      Hi, thanks for answering my post.

I tried installing the newest version but everything is the same,
      my settings was kept and its still stuck on the same game
      as before the install.

And the HUD don't show up at all, in fact PT4 shows no signs of existance on
      pokerstars.

Tell me more about the postgres, what is this?
      PT4 did something with postgresql (or something) on the first install,
      but didn't prompt for anything on the beta install.
      maybe this is key to the problem
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Postgres is the database server. It is a "public version" of Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle etc, i.e. it's a relational (SQL) database server. All the hands are stored there. It's shipped along with PT4. I doubt that Postgres is the problem, but it is possible.

The problem with Stars and PT4 is very likely to be a configuration problem. Check the settings. Reinstallation isn't going to help. (Well, it would prompt you on where the HH are stored, but it is quicker to set it yourself.)

There is a button saying "show import status". Click it. Go on from there.

• tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Start at the first link, then mess around with the second, if things still don't work submit a support request using the last link:

PokerStars Configuration Guide:
      https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/site-configuration/pokerstars-configuration-guide

PokerTracker Support/Documentation:
      https://www.pokertracker.com/support

PokerTracker Support - Contact:
      https://www.pokertracker.com/contact/PT4
    • Festfingre
      Festfingre
      Bronze
      Thanks a bunch

I think i will figure it out, just gotta finish my goddamn exam.
      But hey, if anything math isn't bad for pokerplayers
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by dibolique
      Just started using the trial for SPEED poker on iPoker network. Works great but then will lose the HUD.

If I restart computer then HUD returns and works.

Also seems to disappear more when playing tournies and multiple speed tables at once.
      All of the other issues in this thread were previously answered (thnx guys for helping), but this one remains.

To play on iPoker Fast Poker tables you must follow the explicit instructions for iPoker

These steps must be followed for the HUD to work properly on Speed Poker tables. If you have any HUD issues, please close both PokerTracker 4 and iPoker and then start from step 1. Below are some final notes about Speed Poker tables and PokerTracker 4:

1. The Hud will start working after the first hand is IMPORTED (not played)
      2. The default seat for players who do not have preferred seating enabled at Speed Poker tables is seat 3 for 6 max or seat 5 for 9 max tables.
      3. For optimal results, please allow the importer to import any existing hand histories before playing Speed Poker tables to minimize the time it takes the HUD to begin working.
      4. As always, make sure that neither iPoker nor PokerTracker 4 are open before updating the PT4 application. To be safe, it can be helpful to reboot your system before updating.
      5. Some personal Firewalls may conflict with the Speed Poker HUD from operating, please see the Firewall Troubleshooting Guide for more information. At the time that this guide was written the Comodo Firewall is not compatible, we recommend you replace Comodo with a different firewall option if you intend to play on iPoker Speed Poker tables.
      6. Some players may receive "Invalid Stack/Pot Size" Errors when importing Speed Poker hands due to an error in the hand histories written while you play. This is a known iPoker bug, it is out of our control - but you can learn how to address this problem here: https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/site-configuration/ipoker-configuration-guide#speed-poker-hand-errors