This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [FR] NL2 AKo 20-11-12

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $2 (100 bb)
      SB: $1.68 (84 bb)
      BB: $2.23 (111.5 bb)
      UTG+1: $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $2.56 (128 bb)
      MP1: $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      MP2: $0.94 (47 bb)
      MP3: $2.08 (104 bb)
      CO: $1.05 (52.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K A
      5 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, SB folds, BB calls $0.08, CO calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.31) 7 8 3 (3 players)
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.23, BB folds, CO raises to $0.95 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.72

Turn: ($2.21) J (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($2.21) 5 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Not entirely sure it was fine, but did it because of his midstack, thought I might have enough equity here to call. He could also do it with FD?

Villain:
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I don't really like your play here.

Preflop of course raising is fine.

I don't really like your cbet on the flop.
      We just have A high, we have three opponents and we have the opportunity to have a free card, so I'd just check back the flop and see the turn.
      When CO shoves I think we have an easy fold. We rarely have enough equity to prove a call and he looks really passive so he might not evet shove draws.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I bet because I generate foldequity they both check to me, and I was the preflop aggressor.
      Maybe I would be enclined to folding to the MS player once he reraises me.
      He is quite loose and rather aggressive, I thought he was bluffing, and yes multiway pot.

Still think the bet made sense, and I figured after he reraised my odds where to good to leave it.
      Guess I misscalced it dno, I need 50% equity here, and I only have like 20% against any PP.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello again,

I think cbetting here is bad because:
      - board isn't great and we are likely to get called by a lot of hands without a plan how to play against them on later streets
      - we have the opportunity to get a free card
      - also we don't have any backdoors

Guess I misscalced it dno, I need 50% equity here, and I only have like 20% against any PP.
      You actually just need 34% after the rake.

You do the math like this:
      You need to call $0.72 in order to win $2.21 ($2.10 after the rake). So you just divide those to and get to the right pot odds needed.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      yeah typo I guess, not sure how i got it at that, just trusted my calculator, but yeah I know :P (still pussled how I got the 50% tho ;P because I remeber it being very close to 50%)