[NL2-NL10] I thought long and hard, and I folded.

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $12.37 (123.7 bb)
      BB: $5.18 (51.8 bb)
      MP: $12.02 (120.2 bb)
      CO: $10.51 (105.1 bb)
      BTN: $10.24 (102.4 bb) 28/22/1.8/2.9/18/128

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2 2
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.20) 6 Q 2 (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.75, BTN raises to $2.10, 3 folds
  • 4 replies
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Some sick action So few hands got you beat and so few hands would make this play on such a flop. I think your fold is good but notice that set over set only happens 1:100 so it's damn rare if i would play here i would flat pot is going to be gigantic. c/c every blank.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Do we know anything about CO?

BTN's move seems strong but villain also seems a bit more aggressive. To put him only on 66 and fold here feels a bit tight (QQ would most likely 3-bet preflop BTN vs CO).

My plan would be to call flop and play from there, most likely calling down, there are way too few combos that beat us.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      It was an anon table so can't get stats right now. I posted this hand while playing so I had stats on BU, forgot for CO I don't even remember how loose or tight he was, but wasn't looser than VPIP 30.

Firstly I think I should have donked since unlikely that a lot of action will take place multiway.

My logic here was. CO could have an over pair with his pre flop raise and flop C-Bet in a multiway pot.

BU raising had to be a strong hand. I can't even imagine he's overplaying an overpair.

No flush draws possible, no straight draws possible. He seems decent enough to not have any 2 pair combos here.

His 3bet% is rather on the lower side, he could have cold called QQ, I have seen people do that on this site.

I know it doesn't feel right to be folding a set but seriously, what is he raising with multiway on such a dry board with?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      It was an anon table so can't get stats right now. I posted this hand while playing so I had stats on BU, forgot for CO I don't even remember how loose or tight he was, but wasn't looser than VPIP 30.

Firstly I think I should have donked since unlikely that a lot of action will take place multiway.

My logic here was. CO could have an over pair with his pre flop raise and flop C-Bet in a multiway pot.

BU raising had to be a strong hand. I can't even imagine he's overplaying an overpair.

No flush draws possible, no straight draws possible. He seems decent enough to not have any 2 pair combos here.

His 3bet% is rather on the lower side, he could have cold called QQ, I have seen people do that on this site.

I know it doesn't feel right to be folding a set but seriously, what is he raising with multiway on such a dry board with?
      I don't like a donk here since it's a dry flop and people cbet here a lot. So let them bet.

Do you really expect button to raise a set here every time? Most people slow play sets on boards like these, especially QQ.

As far as his range is because he is unknown he could be doing this with Qx and bluffs too. He may even have a couple of combos of Q6s.