Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2009617
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $10.67 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 56117
      UTG: $2.03 - VPIP: 39, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 1,3, Hands: 70
      MP: $14.08 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 10, 3B: 4, AF: 5,0, Hands: 70
      CO: $10.57 - VPIP: 47, PFR: 29, 3B: 5, AF: 1,5, Hands: 70
      BTN: $8.76 - VPIP: 45, PFR: 32, 3B: 3, AF: 5,6, Hands: 139 BU open: 7/7, open raise: 59%, FLOP CB:100%, TURN CB: 77%, Fold to 3bet: 4/4
      SB: $10.00 - VPIP: 4, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: 1,0, Hands: 73

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with A :diamond: A :spade:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20 If I 3bet, villain probably folds. I dont need AA for that, hence the call. We need more value then the 3bb he put in.

Flop: ($0.65) 9 :spade: 4 :diamond: A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.45) 3 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

I've seen villain Cbet Flop+Turn and call a big river bet some times, so I donk. Cant let him check behind.
      River: ($2.45) 2 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.55

ötkettő sor, megadta rivert
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Preflop: I still think that we should 3-bet here for value, even if you make it smaller to induce more calls.

Flop: An easy flop for us so ck/calling it is especially because he seems to cbet a lot on the turn.

Turn: We need to get money in this pot at some point so this would be a good time especially because he bet smaller so he may think your raise is a bluff/weak. So I would make it like $1.75-$1.80 here.

River: If you donk this river you might as well ck/raise turn where he can choose to call to see another card. On the river you give him an easy way out (call/fold). You say you've seen him take this line but didn't say what with. If he called the river then surely we saw his hands.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hello BogdanPS!

What do you think about ck/calling the flop and donking the turn? X/R on the turn seems very strong and villain could fold his value-range: TT-QQ, especially 55-88. Sure, by X/R we can get all the money in, but his range is not that strong.

You mentioned, that villain could interpret our X/R as a bluff, but I don`t think that happens very often on these limits.

:f_p:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      Hello BogdanPS!

What do you think about ck/calling the flop and donking the turn? X/R on the turn seems very strong and villain could fold his value-range: TT-QQ, especially 55-88. Sure, by X/R we can get all the money in, but his range is not that strong.

You mentioned, that villain could interpret our X/R as a bluff, but I don`t think that happens very often on these limits.

:f_p:
      This opponent is not a standard tight reg for the limit. If he were then yes I agree with you that he can fold a lot.

He seems aggressive and a scare card came down. Why would we want to donk instead of letting him bet his super wide range? The only reason I would donk would be to induce a raise so that would mean I have to bet smaller to seem like I'm doing a block bet.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Preflop: I still think that we should 3-bet here for value, even if you make it smaller to induce more calls.

Flop: An easy flop for us so ck/calling it is especially because he seems to cbet a lot on the turn.

Turn: We need to get money in this pot at some point so this would be a good time especially because he bet smaller so he may think your raise is a bluff/weak. So I would make it like $1.75-$1.80 here.

River: If you donk this river you might as well ck/raise turn where he can choose to call to see another card. On the river you give him an easy way out (call/fold). You say you've seen him take this line but didn't say what with. If he called the river then surely we saw his hands.
      Thanks Bogdan, I really appreciate your help! :heart:

As it seems, villain folds to 3bets. On the button he has the widest range, so he is going to fold very likely.
      My problem is, that just because we have a better hand, it's not enough to bet for value. --> He will fold so much, and we dont need AA to do that. Our hand has a LOT more inherent strength.
      We dont want to waste our huge strength to only collect the dead money preflop.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      You are welcome Imimba,

However I disagree with your statement there. Your sample on him is NOT big thus I would not base a decision on that. Furthermore if you were the one that 3-bet him a few times (out of the 4) he actually may become more likely to call/raise you.

Then we have AA that crushes any hand we want to play big pots with his big hands. By calling we almost always play small pots with most of his range.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze