This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

hi

• danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      hi im 18 years old turned 18 on the 3rd of this month
      signed up with 770 roughly 20-30 minutes after
      received my bonus and started playing freerolls and their step programme
      wouldnt believe how many final tables i made in the freerolls yet cashing was like a 15 cent buy in so i never wnet anywhere for 2 weeks by my 3rd week my step tokens got me into a 1000$ gaurantee came 20 23 and 6th
      7th in a 500 gaurantee
      attention shifted to satelites some went ok some not to well
      in 4 days i got the Saturday vienna mps , buy in 100 pounds winner gets trip to austria vienna for the mps i psyched about that my play has been relatively good so far this month as of today my stats look like this

Last Game Date: 11/20/2012 04:57 PM
      Total Losing Days: 6
      Max Cashing Streak: 6
      Max Losing Streak: 7
      Max Winning Streak: 2
      Most Games / Day: 40
      PokerStars Tournament Leaderboard Points: 434
      Av % Field Beaten: 61.3%
      Total Rake: $20.6
      Total Stake: $166
      Total ROI: 38.1%
      Turbo Ratio: 34.3%
      Total Winning Days: 11
      Worst 100 Streak Av Profit: -$0.1
      Worst 500 Streak Av Profit: -Count: 347
      Av Profit: $0.21
      Av Stake: $0.48
      Av ROI:
      23.2%
      Profit:
      $71.18
      Ability: 64
      Active Days: 17
      Av Entrants: 33.2
      Av Games / Day (when playing): 20.4
      Best 100 Streak Av Profit: $0.58
      Best 500 Streak Av Profit: -
      Total Break Even Days: 0
      Total Cashes: $258
      First Game Date: 11/04/2012 09:45 AM
      ITM%: 46.4%

now thing is i have little deep stack experience and my big upcoming tourneys are deep stack i hv played deep stack twice and one i lost first hand with AA
      i need help and suggestions as to what i can do from here
  • 4 replies
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by danan758

now thing is i have little deep stack experience and my big upcoming tourneys are deep stack i hv played deep stack twice and one i lost first hand with AA
      i need help and suggestions as to what i can do from here
      Welcome to the forum!

Did you go all-in preflop or postflop? If you would post a hand history for this hand someone might be able to help out.

If you stacked with AA preflop it's almost never a mistake (unless in a satellite bubble very close to ticket)

But it usually isn't a good idea to stack off >200bb deep with an overpair postflop if facing strong action.
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      well unfortunately it was postflop not sure how i lost, it was about a week ago
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by danan758
      well unfortunately it was postflop not sure how i lost, it was about a week ago
      Best way to play tournaments (especially the deep stacked ones) is to play pretty tight in the beginning - even though it might be hard to fold AA postflop (those two aces do look so pretty... :f_biggrin: ) you usually can afford to wait for a better spot.

I'm not saying you shouldn't bet but if raised and there's high possibility that your opponent has a better hand, it isn't necessarily a bad idea to fold.
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      hi thanks
      i opened up range in other deep tourney had no idea what i was doing didnt go well obviously hence i'd hv a nice story or memory