hi

• danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      hi im 18 years old turned 18 on the 3rd of this month
      signed up with 770 roughly 20-30 minutes after
      received my bonus and started playing freerolls and their step programme
      wouldnt believe how many final tables i made in the freerolls yet cashing was like a 15 cent buy in so i never wnet anywhere for 2 weeks by my 3rd week my step tokens got me into a 1000$ gaurantee came 20 23 and 6th
      7th in a 500 gaurantee
      attention shifted to satelites some went ok some not to well
      in 4 days i got the Saturday vienna mps , buy in 100 pounds winner gets trip to austria vienna for the mps i psyched about that my play has been relatively good so far this month as of today my stats look like this

Last Game Date: 11/20/2012 04:57 PM
      Total Losing Days: 6
      Max Cashing Streak: 6
      Max Losing Streak: 7
      Max Winning Streak: 2
      Most Games / Day: 40
      PokerStars Tournament Leaderboard Points: 434
      Av % Field Beaten: 61.3%
      Total Rake: $20.6
      Total Stake: $166
      Total ROI: 38.1%
      Turbo Ratio: 34.3%
      Total Winning Days: 11
      Worst 100 Streak Av Profit: -$0.1
      Worst 500 Streak Av Profit: -Count: 347
      Av Profit: $0.21
      Av Stake: $0.48
      Av ROI:
      23.2%
      Profit:
      $71.18
      Ability: 64
      Active Days: 17
      Av Entrants: 33.2
      Av Games / Day (when playing): 20.4
      Best 100 Streak Av Profit: $0.58
      Best 500 Streak Av Profit: -
      Total Break Even Days: 0
      Total Cashes: $258
      First Game Date: 11/04/2012 09:45 AM
      ITM%: 46.4%

now thing is i have little deep stack experience and my big upcoming tourneys are deep stack i hv played deep stack twice and one i lost first hand with AA
      i need help and suggestions as to what i can do from here
  • 4 replies
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by danan758

now thing is i have little deep stack experience and my big upcoming tourneys are deep stack i hv played deep stack twice and one i lost first hand with AA
      i need help and suggestions as to what i can do from here
      Welcome to the forum!

Did you go all-in preflop or postflop? If you would post a hand history for this hand someone might be able to help out.

If you stacked with AA preflop it's almost never a mistake (unless in a satellite bubble very close to ticket)

But it usually isn't a good idea to stack off >200bb deep with an overpair postflop if facing strong action.
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      well unfortunately it was postflop not sure how i lost, it was about a week ago
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by danan758
      well unfortunately it was postflop not sure how i lost, it was about a week ago
      Best way to play tournaments (especially the deep stacked ones) is to play pretty tight in the beginning - even though it might be hard to fold AA postflop (those two aces do look so pretty... :f_biggrin: ) you usually can afford to wait for a better spot.

I'm not saying you shouldn't bet but if raised and there's high possibility that your opponent has a better hand, it isn't necessarily a bad idea to fold.
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      hi thanks
      i opened up range in other deep tourney had no idea what i was doing didnt go well obviously hence i'd hv a nice story or memory