3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) K 5 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB calls $2

Turn: ($7) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, BB raises to $14.50, Hero calls $9.50

River: ($36) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $9.50, Hero folds

Anon table.

BB was an aggro reg, played 27/21 after 100 hands, 3bet 14, wtsd 8, AFq F-T-R 42-40-33

What would you play after his turn raise? Samle is not big/reliable enough for a turn shove, right? :P
      His value range is 55/22/KJ/K5s/K2s, but he could have a lot of semibluffs as well. River? Odds are great for a call :) , but would he ever bluff with this size? I dont know...
  • 6 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop
      Standard. With an aggro reg in the BB I would fold low AXo though.

Flop
      Cool flop, easy cbet. Nice balanced size.

Turn
      With our equity which is still pretty good even vs Kx I'd also just keep betting the turn but I don't think I'm betting 5$ here which is more than 2/3th pot. We are mainly trying to make him fold PP's so we can have the same result with betting 4$. We also want to give ourselves a better price to draw. Ones he raises his range is still wide IMO because it is BvB and the guy is an aggro reg as you pointed out. I also think he'd raise a lot of good hands on the flop like 55,22,(K5,K2) and thus he only reps KJ (maybe J5s or JJ). Because of this I would actually just shove right here. I think we still have good FE and obv also some backup :) . I also don't like calling UNLESS you think he will keep firing with bluffs on spade rivers... But I wouldn't really assume that. So maybe Fold becomes even better? I hope a judge can clarify this... I think in the end that shove>call>fold

River
      Well, I'd also fold here. This is never a bluff.

=)
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Preflop
      With an aggro reg in the BB I would fold low AXo though.
      I'd openraise, and 4bet bluff him if he 3bets... :f_p:
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      We get something like 3:1 to our call on the turn, if I'm correct. That means we need 25% equity to call and we have 12 clean outs. So we can call even if we don't have any implied odds, for that reason folding is out of question.

I like shoving the turn more than calling. Aggro reg will raise u here with a lot of stuff. Any 5x and some floated gutshots should raise here. As u said, u don't have enough hands to know that, but u will never have playing anon tables. Knowing guy is aggro reg, I'm shoving without any reads in vacuum.

As played, I'm calling the river. I don't expect him to raise KQ on the turn and then valuebet this way. He will bet bigger with 2p+ to get a call from Kx because of all missed draws. For me it looks like he has total air and he's trying to bluff u off maybe Ahi.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      Preflop
      The guy can start to 5bet bluff because of that. Your range will be soooo bluffheavy if you 4bet all AXo here. I also think that it's better to 4bet bluff with other (stronger hands) like QKo, A9s, AT, AJo...
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      Preflop
      The guy can start to 5bet bluff because of that. Your range will be soooo bluffheavy if you 4bet all AXo here.
      Then I stop 4bet bluffing, and start open tighter, and 4betting for value. :)
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by getdotacom
      I like shoving the turn more than calling.

As played, I'm calling the river.
      Thanks, I was really considering both, just didnt have the guts to make the move... Although both could be +EV, also improving my red line (and image, if it wasnt anon table) a lot...

Originally posted by getdotacom
      As u said, u don't have enough hands to know that, but u will never have playing anon tables.
      You have a point. :)