New here - strategy points

• 12 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I assume you have at least 1 as you are bronze :)

They sometimes take 2 -3 days to update on the homepage. :)
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Hey magicalym,

All you have to do is make an account at one one of the poker rooms here. Then you enter your account details here and you should be set. You'll receive Strategypoints when you start playing. There can be a couple of days of delay in updating the points, but that's not a big deal.

I have no idea how the free bankroll works nowadays, apparently you get it in increments -when I received it, it was $50 in one piece-. I believe you can choose between a couple of sites to get that $10, and normally when you play with your free starting capital, you'll earn points as well.

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry :D

Best regards,

NIVEKii
    • magicalym
      magicalym
      Bronze
      Yes, I already registered at one of the houses. Now, if I not deposit any more money and just play with my free 10 bucks can I gain experience points?

Thank you all for your replies :)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey magicalym,

Welcome to PokerStrategy and I hope you enjoy your stay and improve your game as much as possible!

We have multiple ways to earn Strategy Points (SP's), the best and easiest way in my onion is signing up to our One or a few of our Poker Rooms as NIVEKii said above. Just be sure to follow to sign up through our links and follow the guides created for each specific room :)
      This way for each $1 you rake at the Poker Room you'll earn X SP's. Each Poker Room will give out a slightly different amount of SP's per $ which you can check out at the bottom of this page.

The next way to earn points ties in with the above method. Whilst you're earning SP's through Rake at the poker rooms we also have a promotion running that will give you a bonus 10 SP's for each day you earn just 1 SP. So if you played for 30 days, that's 300 Exrtra Bonus Points!

The next way to earn Bonus SP's is to frequently check our News and Promotions Page as we often run chances to earn Bonus Points. One of our current promotions is to match your deposit with SP's at a few of our Poker Rooms.

Last is our very own Points Shop, this one is self explanatory, select to package you'd like to have and buy, Simples! :D

Hopefully I haven't missed any :f_grin:

Best of luck on the tables and if you need help with anything else, give us a shout!
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by magicalym
      Yes, I already registered at one of the houses. Now, if I not deposit any more money and just play with my free 10 bucks can I gain experience points?

Thank you all for your replies :)
      If your account is Tracked (You signed up to the Poker Room through us) then you will gain points, whether it was Free Money or your Own Money. As long as you're creating Rake, you're all good :)

Keep in mind that points can take up to 48 hours to update, so don't worry if they're not adding on straight away.
    • magicalym
      magicalym
      Bronze
      Yes, I signed up in Poker Room through PokerStrategy. I played a few games in Poker Room for free and had some fun spending a few cents in some real money tables. How many strategy points could it have given to me? (I'm not looking for an exact SP number, just an approximate one)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey there :)

Which poker room have you signed up with? It's different for each room you see. Also everyday you earn at least 1 Strategy Point you get a bonus 10 points on top. If you let me know which poker room you signed up with i can tell you more about the rate at which you earn Strategy Points :)

Regards
      Carl
    • magicalym
      magicalym
      Bronze
      Sorry, I meant to say that I signed up for PartyPoker, I just messed up the names xD
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      No worries :)

Ok so you know how rake works right? For every pot played the poker room takes a small% of that pot as a fee for you playing on their software which is what we call "The rake". On Party Poker for every $1 of rake you generate you will get 4.5 Strategy Points here on PokerStrategy.com

You can read more about Party Poker here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/party-poker/

If you need to know anything else just give me a shout

Regards
      Carl
    • magicalym
      magicalym
      Bronze
      Thanks Carl, you helped me a lot :)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      No problem of course like i said let me know if you need anything else
    • magicalym
      magicalym
      Bronze
      Good evening,

Finally got my strategy point! I have already been bonze for a couple weeks (or just one, I can't remember :P ) but I had nothing but zero points. I got the bronze by just solving the quiz. I got my strategy point by playing poker for real money with the bonus money. It was though but i got it! :P

Thank you all for your help

Best regards,
      magicalym