[NL2-NL10] [FR] NL2 JTo 21-11-12

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP1: $2 (100 bb)
      MP2: $5.72 (286 bb)
      MP3: $1 (50 bb)
      CO: $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.79 (89.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2 (100 bb)
      BB: $2.74 (137 bb)
      UTG+1: $3.09 (154.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $1.24 (62 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J T
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.02, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.22) Q T 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, UTG+2 calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.54) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, UTG+2 raises to $0.98 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.58

River: ($2.50) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

I have seen this guy bluff bet alot, and I felt this was the time to call him, not sure if these reads are enough, or wether I was a bit tilty, seeing him donk bet etc...

Villain:
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop I prefer folding. If it was suited I'd be more inclined to raise.

On the flop your bet is fine.

On the turn barreling again is fine and if we make it so big we have to call if he shoves.
      The other option is to bet like $0.3 and fold to a raise.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IMO I think it's a good place to isolate with, they oftent open limp with low PP's or broadways, and rarely wants to continue when the flop comes.

I think I'm ahead in most cases.
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Hey,

normally I like iso-raising but the guy is just soo tight. His range is stronger than most limpers so yeah I wouldn't raise pre.

As played flop is good, we are probably ahead here and we need to bet to get some value and protect our equity.

Turn, I would just check/fold. I don't think we're beat super often but he probably doesn't bet anything we have beat, and betting doesn't achive much. We might get value from a few draws, but I don't think enough to warrent a bet. So yeah, just check/fold turn. As played, definitly fold to the raise. Such a passive guy raising turn? I would be ****ing my pants with AA here.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Vs a 13/3 guy, I think we shouldn't raise stuff like AJ and KQ. His EP limping range is really strong and we will be faced with limp/reraises a lot.

If I had JTs I would limp in SB, with JTo I think completing or folding are both fine. Raising is not good for reasons mentioned before. He calls with so many stronger broadways and l/rR so many other stuff.

I think it's a common mistake to neglect the strength of his limping range.

Postflop I personally prefer checking Flop vs weaker players. Don't think this guy puts us in tough spots on future streets and our TX has a weak kicker so I don't think there's that much value in betting Flop.