delete account (PokerStars)

• houlajk
      houlajk
      Silver
      Hi,

can i delete my pokerstars account and create new one ? Because i want receive strategy points on this page and it cant happen now cause i doesnt use links here to register on pokerstars. So i cant recieve strategy points and improve my status. Pls help
  • 13 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      You can only have one Pokerstars account. You decide to create another one, they will just shut you down. Basically you are screwed.
      Well you can always write to Pokerstars support and ask if they can track you, but they don't gain anything from it, so they will probably won't bother, only maybe if you have never played with real money there or if you have a play money account then they might reconsider, but it's very unlikely.

So when you sign up for another room, make sure you follow instructions. With silver status here you can access a lot of content, so you could just sign up with another room, play there for a bit daily, and after 10 days you will have a silver status, because for every strategy point you earn daily you will also get 10 bonus points, so it adds up quickly for a silver status.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hello houlajk

sorry, but this isn't possible. Pokerstrategy is an affiliate, which means that they must advertise the particular poker website for you to be eligible to gain strategy points. because you already had an account this obviously means pokerstrategy didn't advertise pokerstars to you and therefore you can't do it.

i also advise you not to create a new account. pokerstars will find out and ban you from the site and potentially lock up all money you have in your account.

you can always sign up to one of the other poker websites listed here and gain strategy points this way.

i hope that helps!

Lewis.

[edit] thanks krishjanis :D beat me to it...
    • houlajk
      houlajk
      Silver
      ok thx
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks guys,

I've moved this post to the PokerStars board :)

Regards,
      Gary
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      no possible sombrero :)
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Well i had one.

I said to them i will deposit 3k if they track me with PokerStrategy or i won't play. Now i am tracked on PokerStrategy:) ). So i was able to open new account and closed other one.

Well but it is true also that i have not play for real money on my 'First' PokerStars account:)
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      hmmm Alan883, that sounds interesting. I once also asked to get tracked with ps.com on stars and they refused me. I think once I gather decent br I might also propose to deposit and get tracked. :D Hope it will work. Until then, grind grind grind. :D
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      I would also commit to a deposit of 3 to 5 k if they could cancel my current account and allow me to create a new one which is tracked by PS.
      I will write them an email, thanks for this thread.
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      I have now written to support asking for this to happen, i have suggested a 3-5k commitment from my side.
      Will feed back.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aXSesPSRNMD
      I have now written to support asking for this to happen, i have suggested a 3-5k commitment from my side.
      Will feed back.
      I hope you will succeed with that. Let us know. Good luck. I needed 3 days from request to permission to play.
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      hi

They have refused:

Thank you for writing to us.

Unfortunately, your PokerStars account is not linked to pokerstrategy.com and therefore you are not eligible to receive any associated benefits with this site.

Please also note that we are unable to retroactively link your account to this site. In order to be tracked to a partner website that promotes PokerStars, you would have to have registered your account with PokerStars through one of the links or banners available on their website.

Moreover, it is not possible to close your existing account and allow you to open a new one in order to be tracked to the site you are interested in.

We hope that it does not deter you from playing at PokerStars. We have our own VIP Club with excellent rewards and our VIP store where you can spend Frequent Player Points (FPPs) on items such as poker books, poker accessories, electronic items, and many others. For more information about our VIP Club and VIP Store, please visit the PokerStars website:

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/

Additionally, PokerStars gives you the best free poker promotions anywhere online, with exclusive special offers, regular deposit bonuses, freerolls and the chance to win a seat at major poker events like the World Series. You may wish to have a look at our current promotions located on our website at:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

What did I do wrong? I offered a 3-5k deposit on the site.....
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Oh i am sorry to hear that.

I think that mine case was a bit different, because i have never played for real money before i asked them to create new account. :(
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      no matter, I suppose if they did it for me they would have many more users coming to them for this, makes sense.
      :-)

I will continue to learn here and play on sites that are tracked by PS.
      :-)