Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2010351
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $50.00
      BB: $53.38
      UTG: $54.50
      Hero (CO): $53.33
      BTN: $50.25

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with 9 :club: A :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.12, 1 fold, SB raises to $4, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.88

Flop: ($8.50) 4 :diamond: 9 :diamond: 7 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.50, SB raises to $11, Hero calls $6.50

Turn: ($30.50) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $35 all in, Hero calls $35

River: ($100.50) A :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Villain 3bets 14% on BB
      I didn't think villain would take this kind of line on flop too often with overpairs but draws mostly, sometimes sets maybe but there ain't many combos for that. Also he might try to make a move on me because of my small sizing.
      Turn would be call?
  • 1 reply
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Hi,

How many hands do you have on the villain? Are you sure he really 3bets that much? Also, even if he 3bets that much from the BB he might not necessarily 3bet that much in the SB versus CO. Too be honest I don't mind folding preflop, although calling probably isn't a big mistake.

On the flop, I like your bet. When he checks he is often giving up and we need to protect our equity. But honestly when he check/raises I don't think it's terrible to just dump it there. It's not very likely he's on pure air, usually he has either an overpair/set or a draw. Against the draws we probably have around 60% equity, and against his valuerange we're crushed. That means he needs to have a draw a vast majority of the time for us to feel comfortable continuing with the hand. So unless you are very sure in your read that he is bluffing most of the time here, I would just muck it.

As played, I think we have to call his turn shove and hope for the best.