This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25 SH 99 quads

• DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      $0.12/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

CO: $36.62 (146.5 bb)
      BTN: $29.41 (117.6 bb)
      SB: $27.25 (109 bb)
      BB: $27.30 (109.2 bb)
      UTG: $44.77 (179.1 bb)
      Hero (MP): $38.15 (152.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 9
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, 2 folds, BB raises to $3.12, Hero calls $2.37, CO calls $2.37

Flop: ($9.48) A Q 9 (3 players)
      BB bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50, CO calls $5.50

Turn: ($25.98) 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($25.98) 2 (3 players)
      BB bets $10, Hero raises to $29.53, CO folds, BB calls $8.68 and is all-in

Hi,
      CO is fish playing 42/18 ; 100 hands.
      BB is reg 22/16, squeeze 3.7 ; 1.3k hands.

Preflop:
      I think we have a profitable call here since i expect the fish to call behind almost always.

Flop:
      Pretty good flop for us, I deicde to just call in order to keep the fish in the hand.

Turn:
      I decide to check here for 4 reasons:
      1. disguise the strength of my hand
      2. give a chance to the fish behind me to make a bet on the turn
      3. Im expecting the reg to bet the river in a good amount of times when it is checked on the turn
      4. Give my opponents a chance to improve on the river.

Is my thought process correct or I should just bet the turn?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Flop: Calling is reasonable for sure. Pot is already very big so even if flush hits we can't get away from the hand.

Turn: I would never check here in single raised pot esp with fish behind. But it may be fine given that you have like 29-30$ left. Maybe you could just put in some really small bet to size stacks for a river jam, like 6-8$.

Yeah I think betting small seems better. Fish may check back flush draw if we check and if river blanks out like that we lose value. At the same time I think he never folds to a small bet and if he misses he still folds, if he hits he's still jamming. I don't think BB folds AK to a small bet as well, and I think he should be check/folding KK/JJ anyway. Sure sometimes he hits a boat himself and we get to stack him when he checks but I don't think that happens very often.

To sum up my points, checking is better if we have PSB or <PSB left in stacks but we were deep in this hand. Checking also becomes a better play if fish is aggro fish. In this case I think small bet is better than check.