Full Tilt, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

CO: $2.20 (110 bb)
      BTN: $1.04 (52 bb)
      Hero (SB): $3.75 (187.5 bb)
      BB: $0.57 (28.5 bb)
      UTG: $2.90 (145 bb) 36/36/0/8 (v/p/3/af) only 14 hands, though
      MP: $0.05 (2.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T T
      UTG raises to $0.06, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, BB folds, UTG calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.38) 6 7 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, UTG folds

Typically in this spot, I would call, and v often fold to a CBet.
      In this spot, since villain seems to be tending toward loose, and since I'm in position, I thought I would try a 3Bet here.

I figure that this way, I get to be the one to CBet.

Does this line make sense, or am i digging myself a big hole?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Vorpal,

Questions you need to ask yourself before playing this hand :

1) Is 14 hands a good sample? Villain could have just gotten the luck of draw and received some good hands.

2) Can we raise for value? Do we fold to a 4bet?

3) How do we play postflop on flops that we have an overpair on and flops where there are high cards?

4) Can we make more money by 3-betting rather than calling?

My opinion is that you are turning your TT into a bluff here and even kill some of the hands implied odds. You are also playing slightly deeper and OOP which means that we have a bigger SPR postflop. This may mean that villain may be more inclined to float which means we may need to bet multiple streets (which I doubt you would do most of the time).

So my line here, with no info, would be to call preflop and play postflop. We don't have to always fold the flop as we have the best hand some amount of the time postflop and we can expect villain to bluff a lot (like on the board we had flopped this time).

If you do ck/fold every time then there is something wrong in that part of your game and you need to revisit it.