This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJ x Loose limper

• boozaf
      boozaf
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players

MP+1: $8.32
      CO: $10.40
      BTN: $19.27
      SB: $10.00
      Hero (BB): $9.55
      UTG: $11.72
      UTG+1: $10.00 VP 40 / PR 10 (31 hands sample)
      MP: $11.48

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, UTG+1 calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.25, 2 players) 5:diamond: J:spade: 9:club:
      Hero bets $0.89, UTG+1 raises to $1.78, Hero raises to $3.20, UTG+1 calls $1.42

Turn: ($7.65, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $3.50, Hero raises to $5.75 and is all-in, UTG+1 calls $2.25

River: ($19.15, 2 players) Q:club:

I played this hand terribly but still don't know what should I have done. 31 hands are nothing as sample, so he could be raising with 55, 99, QT, 87, KT. Since he called the reraise instead of shoving I guessed he was on a draw (surprisingly that didn't prevent me from doing an incredibly stupid play on the turn).

My guess is that I should have went for a block bet/fold on the turn instead of check/fold (or the worst of all options — check/shove. :f_cry: )

Ideas?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Preflop: I like your size oop

Flop: Against unknown fishy players we can easily bet/fold the flop. These min/raises can be only the nuts or as you said draws+nutty (and even 1p hands). However with no info we are gambling and we are playing OOP with 2 streets left to g o.

So my recommendation, let's learn to bet/fold flop even with TP.

As played I don't understand our check shove unless we want him to bet draws again and call with them, but it's hard to assume that he raise/calls a draw on flop just to bet it again on the turn.

One of the only draws made it on the turn and even KJ beats us now so I would not be afraid of check/folding.