Stacks:
      UTG ($412.50) 103bb
      CO ($803) 201bb
      HERO (BTN) ($1,362.55) 341bb
      SB ($419.20) 105bb
      BB ($400) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($6, 5 players) HERO is BTN 4:diamond: A:diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $10, HERO raises to $36, 2 folds, CO calls $26

Flop: 4:spade: K:spade: J:spade: ($78, 2 players)
      CO checks, HERO checks

Turn: 4:club: ($78, 2 players)
      CO checks, HERO bets $58.50, CO calls $58.50

River: 6:heart: ($195, 2 players)
      CO checks, HERO bets $146.25, CO goes all-in $708.50, HERO calls $562.25

It was like 5th hand with this guy, so no any reads/stats. I searched him and found at like 12 more tables, so I assume he's a reg. What do u do here ? Basically we have the best hand we can have ... maybe 1 combo of 64s :D
  • 21 replies
    • axeboy90
      axeboy90
      Bronze
      Can't he have a flush?
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Originally posted by axeboy90
      Can't he have a flush?
      Probably not, when he checks flop then check/calls turn
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      blergh tough spot. This really sucks, but I would just close my eyes and call. It's soo hard for him to have a valuehand, seems really unlikely he's playing the nutflush or any other flush like this. Yeah not super easy for him to have a bluff either, but fuck it, call
    • PoincaresConjecture
      PoincaresConjecture
      Gold
      Originally posted by imfromsweden007
      blergh tough spot. This really sucks, but I would just close my eyes and call. It's soo hard for him to have a valuehand, seems really unlikely he's playing the nutflush or any other flush like this. Yeah not super easy for him to have a bluff either, but fuck it, call
      can he NEVER have boats (KK/JJ)? what value hands do you rep? Can he have AsQx or As/X?

just curious.

best regards
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Actually all these fucking horrible regs probably ONLY have 66 with the 6 of spade here tbh, but yeah, fuck it not folding
    • PoincaresConjecture
      PoincaresConjecture
      Gold
      Originally posted by imfromsweden007
      Actually all these fucking horrible regs probably ONLY have 66 with the 6 of spade here tbh, but yeah, fuck it not folding
      lol, yes 66 would be solid
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I type "O RLY?" and call :D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      So annoying hate these absolute chumps. None of them have the balls to
      Bluff here even though we are at the top of our range. Too tilt, we've got to call, but he always somehow miraculously has it and stacks us on the only runout possible.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      My two cents: Bet smaller on the river. It's easier for him to call with hands you beat, it's less tempting for him to bluff it off of you, and it makes the final decision easier if he does, in fact, push.

I don't know how you play, and not how he plays, of course, but that flop check with that board could indicate to him that you are "pot controlling" and that you don't want to play a big one. You are not very likely to have hit that 4 on the turn either. The 6 on the river is practically guaranteed to have missed you. And, you simply don't have JJ, KK or KJ. You mostly have what you had on the flop here.

Hmmm..., this is becoming awful, either way.

A gentler bet on the river could potentially have solved a few problems.

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      I'd ship it there. Btw who won the hand pls
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      obviously he lost, if not he wouldn't post this hand.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      So annoying hate these absolute chumps. None of them have the balls to
      Bluff here even though we are at the top of our range. Too tilt, we've got to call, but he always somehow miraculously has it and stacks us on the only runout possible.
      So so sooooooo true :D
    • ThePirateSword
      ThePirateSword
      Global
      i'm folding here with no history behind, and i might just call here with suited aces if i think he had a 17+ CO Open range
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      Isn't the sizing of the 3bet pre way too small with these stacks? I usually 4x 2.5x raises even 100BB deep..

48 good sizing?
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      Originally posted by axelphoney
      Isn't the sizing of the 3bet pre way too small with these stacks? I usually 4x 2.5x raises even 100BB deep..

48 good sizing?
      I don't like large 3bets IP. I basically want him to call wide and play postflop. When we make it to 48, we should have much stronger range. And I really don't wanna agree with that we should 3bet bigger when deeper. 4betting bigger makes a lot of sense 200bb deep. This kinda "3bet bigger when deeper because u will win larger pot and ur opponent should pay a lot for outdrawing" rule is oldschool. I will lose a bigger pot than win by 3betting bigger. Usually they just won't call u with crap vs large sizings.
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      Good points!

I guess there could be some merit to making it smaller if we want to induce villain to call us lighter given that we are IP and (presumably) have an edge postflop.

How about oop though? Would you still stick to a rather small size or make larger?

And a bit off topic question: What range do you 3bet oop with these stacks?
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      I'd go bigger OOP, but by not that much. I usually make it 36 - 40 to 10 open. We can't make him fold any reasonable hand, he will always have the odds. The question is do we want him to call some trash, like 74s (assuming he opens BU). It's hard to tell what is better - take some money preflop, or try to get more from that hand postflop.

I like 3betting small PPs and SCs oop when deep. I don't change my 3bet ranges starting from 100bb that much.
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      Thought some more about what you said about the preflop betsizes here and I don't think I can agree with you really.

I think we are better off 3 betting big with these stacks with our entire range, main reason being that we can get stacks in by the river when we have a hand, and when we don't we can pull off some big bluffs (none likes to call off 200BB with a marginal hand). But that obviously goes both ways, but imo I think it's still better to stick to larger betsizes preflop to set up stacks more nicely for the postflop play.
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      I do not agree. If we make it too big, it's ok for him to fold 80% or w/e to our 3bet, making his range for when he does continue stronger. I don't to play an already from preflop big pot vs a strong range. Much rather play a smaller pots versus a weaker range.