Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($4.71) 47bb
      Hero (UTG+1) ($11.36) 114bb
      CO ($10) 100bb
      BTN ($11.50) 115bb
      SB ($9.30) 93bb
      BB ($14.25) 143bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 T T
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: 2 2 8 ($0.95, 3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.65, BTN folds, BB calls $0.65

Turn: 7 ($2.25, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

River: T ($5.25, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB goes all-in $11.80, Hero goes all-in $4.91

Final Pot: $23.07
      BB shows a full house, Eights full of Deuces 8 8 Hero shows a full house, Tens full of Deuces T T Hero wins $22.03 (net +$10.67) BB collects $2.89 (net -$11.36) BTN lost $0.30

Villain is 28/26, AF 3.9, cbet F 78%.

Pre: Standard

Flop and Turn: Plan is to barrel both streets, getting value from some weaker made hands and fd's. When villain (pfr) c/c I have no idea what to think of his range, hence his cbet is huge. I still don't want to deviate from the plan, maybe he could play a draw like that or some very weak pp that he bluffcatches, althoug it isn't consistent with the stats he is showing.

River: River is pretty much standard.

-If we get c/r flop or turn, what is the plan? I was thinking call flop reevaluate turn and in case of turn c/r we just fold.

-If a river is a brick and we don't improve our hand, do we still have one value bet left? How do we act on J Q K A? And we probably check behind river on :spade: and :club: ?

Thank you!
  • 3 replies
    • wasilek123
      I don't know why are you putting cbet F stat, you're cbetting not him.

Fold to cbet is more appropriate.

c/r flop is mostly bluff and FD maybe from his AF some overcard, very few trips, or sets, because he seems to be a bit thinking player so there is no point in raising 88, or A2, K2, which I see in his range, it's better just to call. So if he raise, I would try to get most value from FD and overs, Ax, and I would reraise shove.

c/r T is different story I would fold because he can try fire his slowplayed hand from the flop, unless I have any reads I fold almost all overpairs.

I think we don't have any value on :club: River, A, K Q, maybe we could get some thin value on J, but it's doubtful too. I think his range on River could be buster FD, trips, 88 maybe 99, some pockets but not always, maybe some stubborn overcards. I think most hand worse than your will fold R, because he wanted to hit something with them. On brick R he could bluff raise some busted draws but without reads ... impossible to judge.

(don't know if my analyse is correct I am NL10/NL20 player too :D )
    • TetraQuark
      He IS the pre flop raiser. But even though he has enourmous cbet on flop, he decided to c/c this flop. That is why that stat is important. And on this flop with made hand or pure air he should be inclined to cbet it 99% of the time.
    • kymupa

I don't know why are you putting cbet F stat, you're cbetting not him.

Fold to cbet is more appropriate.
      That's true.
      You should differentiate cbetting and facing cbet.

Preflop raising our hand is fine of course.

On the flop I like your bet sizing.
      If we get raised though it might get ugly and here we have to use our information about the player.
      Basically, most of the players on these limits c/r vs a cbet only with the nuts, so calling here without any specific information will be burning money in my opinion, so I'd prefer to go on the safe side and just fold, rather than call flop and play guessing games on both turn and river.

Your turn bet is also good and I like it.
      If we get raised here, I'd fold as well and my fold here will be faster.
      Usually people don't check/call flop and then check/raise turn as a bluff so just give them credit.

On the river I don't really like your bet here.
      So lets just see what hands he has here:
      - two pair hands - hands like A8/87/99 and so.
      - monster hands - 22/77/88/A2/made flushes
      So basically the first type of hands are just going to call (if they are willing to) and the second type are going to stack off anyways.
      So does our bet size affect his calling range - it does.
      The first type of hands will be much more happier to call something like $2.3-$2.5-$3 here, rather than $4. (and $3 will be my maximum).
      Our bet size doesn't really affect the monster hands since they are always going to stack off.
      So by betting smaller here I think we can maximize our value against his weaker hands.

If the river was a brick I'd just bet again something like 1/2.
      If it was J/Q/K/A/spade/club I'd just check behind.

Do you guys have anything to add or ask here?

I hope the discussion will be interesting.