This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh AQo SB 3bet

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      BB: $13.41 (134.1 bb)
      UTG: $12.78 (127.8 bb)
      MP: $18.77 (187.7 bb)
      CO: $13.70 (137 bb)
      BTN: $12.88 (128.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: A:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, Hero raises to $1.10, BB folds, CO calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.30) 5:club: 4:spade: T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.70) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.35, Hero folds

the opp is 24/14/raise 1st BU 22(73)/fld 3bet 40/agg 1.1/fld to cbet 45-60/598 hands

i have marked him as a weak reg cause he overplay some top pairs hands e.tc.

Preflop : even thouh he looks tight he opens from CO + he is not folding to 3bet a lot so i 3bet for value .

Flop : i have a hard time ti decide whether or not to cbet in 3bet pots when the board is low . Here i think that villian got pocket pairs , and some broadways . however i cbet cause my AQ might be good + he might fold small pps.
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

3betting preflop is ok in my opinion, sizing is good.

So basically the biggest question is whether to cbet the flop or not?
      The flop looks good but:
      - we are OOP
      - we can't really represent much here
      - he doesn't seem to like to fold a lot to cbet
      - he likes to overplay top pairs (so basically he could call us down with 99 and we are going to feel stupid).
      So considering these four things I think we can just check/fold rather than cbet flop and check/fold turn.

On the turn check/folding is ok by me.

Best,
      Plamen
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      yep the think is that i was more inclide to check/fold it.But in which board we could c-bet? i would say J,Q,K,Axx type but then i think that we dont gonna cbet much which is might be bad.. What you think ?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well..

I prefer cbetting less and barreling more - for example there is no point in betting one street here and check/folding the turn so I'd rather make two or three barrels on a Jx board or something.

Also against player who don't really like to fold and tend to overplay we could just stick to value betting.