Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($11.81) 118bb
      CO ($10.56) 106bb
      BTN ($11.78) 118bb
      SB ($20.27) 203bb
      cozacu (BB) ($11.44) 114bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) cozacu is BB Q:heart: K:diamond:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.20, 1 fold, cozacu raises to $0.70, BTN calls $0.50

Flop: Q:diamond: J:spade: 9:diamond: ($1.25, 2 players)
      cozacu bets $0.80, BTN calls $0.80

Turn: K:club: ($2.85, 2 players)
      cozacu checks, BTN bets $1.50, cozacu calls $1.50

River: 7:diamond: ($5.85, 2 players)
      cozacu checks, BTN bets $3.10, cozacu folds

Final Pot: $8.95

BTN wins $8.85 (net +$2.95)

cozacu lost $3

Villain unknown

PF: My 3bet sizing is smaller because his open-raise size is smaller. I know you suggested to make it larger, i totally understand vs fish who are really inclined to call 3bets with trash(or simply hand witch we dominate) despite of the 3bet sizing but vs unknown villains where we might end up to play the hand OOP with KQ not sure if is still the case to make the 3bet larger. Is it?

Flop: value

Turn: our hand improved but there are 4cards for a straight now, i don't see betting here being a very good choice but if we get raised we`re in trouble, prefer to check/call for the redraw for the FH if the price is right, any T might result in a chop.

River: I can't see him betting there on flush + straight completed board to bet with anything worst than a T. So i think here check/fold was fine.

Questions: Is my turn logic good? What about the river decision? Is there any point to consider bet/fold here?( i think we`re behind too often, so we might end up just burning money)
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop against an unknown I think both 3betting and calling are fine, but if I 3bet I'd go for $0.8.

So board is really bad and I'm going to bet/fold here.
      Your sizing is good.

I think check/calling the turn is the worst option here, because we give him the chance to check back his worse hands and just bet his value hands.
      So here we could consider using a little bit more creative line such as a bet like $1.3.
      I think this is a good idea because he is unlikely to fold most of his made hands, and I don't think his ever going to bluff here so if he raise we have an easy fold.

On the river FD gets there and anything different than check/folding is burning money, as you said.

Best,
      Plamen
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      TY :)