MP: $30.31
      CO: $49.22
      BTN: $25.00
      SB: $31.21
      Hero (BB): $25.85
      UTG: $29.90

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 8 :spade: 9 :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, 1 fold, SB calls $0.65, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) K :spade: J :spade: 4 :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($2.25) 6 :club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.70, CO folds, SB folds

CO seems like some sort of a reg.
      SB seems to be openlimping too much and overall doesn't look like a good player

What is the best play on the flop?
  • 6 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Pre: Standard since SB is bad
      Flop: I think check/call and check/raise are both reasonable. Don't see any reason to donk-bet on a double broadway Flop where both of them are likely to have something.
      Turn: yeah bet when they show weakness

Nice hand
      Bronze
      I suppose we check raise if SB folds and we call if SB stays to keep him in the hand and get value when we hit?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      You know this could depend on many factors. You should recognize the fact that you are repping draws very hard when you c/r, because you probably don't have KK/JJ, and you could/should 3bet squeeze with KJ. So you are mostly repping 44.

When I cannot represent too many strong hands, I prefer to take the passive line with my draw.

If board was 3 low cards, then i prefer c/r cos we can rep all sets. I would probably call mostly on this board, but there could be instances where you want to raise.

If both players come in for example, then perhaps a c/r may be good (cos you look super strong cos who ever checkraises light with 3way action?) but then again if these 2 guys are not thinking players then your attempt to represent massive strength may backfire.
      Bronze
      If both players come in for example, then perhaps a c/r may be good (cos you look super strong cos who ever checkraises light with 3way action?) but then again if these 2 guys are not thinking players then your attempt to represent massive strength may backfire.

Is it still not better to call and play this hand with the weak SB in the pot instead of check/raising even if we assume to have fold equity?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avatars91

Is it still not better to call and play this hand with the weak SB in the pot instead of check/raising even if we assume to have fold equity?
      I'll bump it 4 you :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi avatars.

You are probably right. I prefer calling for sure. I was merely explaining your other options but yes, i prefrr calling to raising.