NL25 :( I need some help!

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze

This is my Graph. At 19k hands i got PT4 (where the graph goes BINK^)

Basically i thought that i would be fine because i got the Zoom hud up and running, but i've recently just gone straight back down! So i'm looking for some advice on where im going wrong (AGAIN!)

and these are my stats. I think i may be 3 betting too much and possibly not giving up enough pots and instead fighting for too many instead of just check folding sometimes.

:s_love:
  • 11 replies
    • ferdy81
      ferdy81
      Bronze
      Its simple answer. Reduce your aggression for a 30% (preflop and postflop) and you'll be good. You just don't give up, when it's time to do so. I'd expect at least red line to be more flat with your aggression, but it isn't.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      I've been playing a bit less aggressive now and be more selectively agro in spots, like triple barreling.

I've also almost cleared a 100$ bonus which will help me out of this little hole I'm in! I could do with a coach and watching some videos on NL25 rush, but there seems to be non around, have you come across any?
    • ferdy81
      ferdy81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DecMate
      I could do with a coach and watching some videos on NL25 rush, but there seems to be non around, have you come across any?
      Haven't yet for micro limits. Would be also interested in.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      gap between flop and turn cbet seems a bit wide -> maybe cbetting too much without a plan.
      your 4bet range also seems too value heavy, ie definitely can add some 4bet bluffs from btn as you seem to be opening wide and people should be 3betting you light often enough.

else well, i dunno lol
      [late edit: i might as well elaborate.
      something seems wrong with your wtsd/w$sd, and you seem to be way too much on 3bet or fold mode from blinds.
      can't really give advice regarding these, but something seems wrong there. call more from bb imo]
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      @tom

I hardly ever call, infact i dont think i have called from the BB or SB.
      What sorta hands do you call with?
      and i do cbet alot then give up :f_frown:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      calling from sb can be troublesome due to the "squeeze issue", but you definitely can and should call from the bb.

think about it, you are opening wide on btn and someone only reacts by 3betting or folding.
      how easy is to play someone like that? you fold all your trash, 4bet some random bluffs and value hands, and call some traps and hands like AQ and maybe stuff like 76s ("depends").

i mostly call hands that i think that are way ahead of his stealing range but too weak to 3bet and expect to be called by a lot worse, ie KT type of stuff.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      you can see huge disparity in your F and T cbet stats, and even the positional ones. Like you 2barrel way more often in EP and MP, presumably because of your stronger opening range.

I think you need to cut your Flop cbet and be more selective like you mentioned. also, try to barrel more liberally (like 2barreling some gutshots in good spots).

This will help you to lose less when the situation is unfavourable, and win more when the situation is favourable for bluffing.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      @tom

thank you, i rarely think like this, i would become way to predictable to any reg who has stats in rush.

@mbml

Yes this is what i had in mind, you just worded it very nicely!

overall i'm definitely going to take both of your advice and i'll post back once i've played another solid session!

thanks alot guys :f_love:
    • kartsah
      kartsah
      Bronze
      Easy: You always think people wanna steal your blinds, or that you just don't want to give up your blinds.

Advice is that only 3-bet from BB and SB with A10+ or 1010+, and smaller pairs just try call and hit a set or hero call sometimes down to river. Don't overextend your setmining on BB/SB, since often your opponents don't give you action when you have a set.

I mean my view is that your giving too much action on blinds. It is more profitable to just give them up every now and then.

If you wanted the redline to be even, then you would be playing better poker but your variance would skyrocket up, and I would only recommend that style of plays to isildur- type of people lol.

Looking for a coach nl10-nl25 sh look this thread for my post with graphs to see how I made profit on 10-25nl
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kartsah
      Easy: You always think people wanna steal your blinds, or that you just don't want to give up your blinds.

Advice is that only 3-bet from BB and SB with A10+ or 1010+, and smaller pairs just try call and hit a set or hero call sometimes down to river. Don't overextend your setmining on BB/SB, since often your opponents don't give you action when you have a set.

I mean my view is that your giving too much action on blinds. It is more profitable to just give them up every now and then.

If you wanted the redline to be even, then you would be playing better poker but your variance would skyrocket up, and I would only recommend that style of plays to isildur- type of people lol.

Looking for a coach nl10-nl25 sh look this thread for my post with graphs to see how I made profit on 10-25nl
      thankss for your advice, im up 200$ from 100k hands. lol. But im now rolled for NL50 due to rakeback! so i'm movin up to NL50 an playin normal tables. I play better at this limit then NL25.
    • SchnitzelF
      SchnitzelF
      Bronze
      Hey,

I have moved this thread to a more suitable forum where you will be able to get better replies.

-SF