MP: $19.90
      CO: $11.47
      BTN: $25.12
      Hero (SB): $37.96
      BB: $34.98

CO - 36/4/0.9/33/33hands

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has A:club: 7:diamond:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.20, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, CO calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.00, 2 players) 2:heart: K:club: 7:spade:
      Hero bets $1.00, CO calls $1.00

Turn: ($4.00, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00

River: ($8.00, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero checks, CO checks

I think I shouldn't 2nd barrel, and perhaps call one bet. The problem is that nothing that I beat is calling the 2nd barrel. He also doesn't have many PPs lower that my pair that are floating on the flop.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Pre-Flop: I noticed you are isoraising a very wide range of hands. It may/may not be fine. This would be standard isoraise vs CO limp from BU, but not in SB. If he limp/folds a lot preflop or folds on Flop a lot, then I like this raise. If not I would opt to complete the SB instead. Limped pots are much easier to win.

Flop: Could see an argument for checking TT-QQ here, but 7X is too weak to check cos many overcards to the 7 can come on turn and river. So I bet not as a bluff and not for value, but mainly as a protection bet.

Turn: No value from worse now, and no better hands are folding (ok maybe you get 88-QQ to fold but how often does he really have these hands?). So I think you have an easy check/fold
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Hey,

I actually don't mind betting turn like you did. I think we still are ahead a decent amount of the time versus hands such as 22-55 and 87, 97, T7 and some draws (especially since you bet so small on the flop he probably floats more than usual) If we check it's gonna be tough to win the hand, since people like to bet their entire range in these spots when checked to. So I don't mind putting out a half pot turn bet and check/fold river.

The other choice would be to check/fold the turn and bet river if villain checks back. This is also a good option and especially versus more passive opponents who will check back turn a lot it's a good option. But as a general approach I tend to go with option nr. 1.