This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] turn protect or not

• daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

ハンドをプレーする

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $45.01
      SB:
      $9.37
      BB (Hero):
      $29.98
      MP2:
      $22.57
      MP3:
      $25.00
      CO:
      $26.58

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, 3.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.60, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.00, BU raises to $3.90, Hero calls $1.90.

Flop: ($7.9) 9, J, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.30, Hero raises to $7.30, BU calls $4.00.

Turn: ($22.5) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $33.81, Hero calls $18.78.

River: ($75.09) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $75.09.
      Results follow:

BU shows a pair of aces(A A).
      Hero shows three of a kind, threes(3 3).

Hero wins with three of a kind, threes(3 3).

his stats in 60 hands vpip30 pfr27 af2,3 wtsd33 w$sd0 playing 4 tables at the same time
      Fold to 3BET 0  call to 3BET 67  fold to flop CB in 3 BET POT 100                 
      protect bet on the turn?
      I have no initiative and HU. I thought long and I checked the turn.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Pre-Flop: I think Call/Fold/3bet are all fine.
      Call - You think you have decent implied odds if you hit set, and you have some edge on him postflop. Also better if he minraises or 2.5X
      Fold - May be the best option against a wide BU range with 3X open. I fold against players who are better than me (or perhaps players with equal skill)
      3-bet - Good to 3bet and then 5bet against someone who 4bet bluffs a lot. Pocketpairs have good equity but poor playability. You don't flop a set very often but you are flipping vs all non-pairs. So with 33 I would either want to play for stacks right away, or just call and try to set-mine. If I think neither of these 2 options are going to be profitable for me, I fold.

I think you calling the 4-bet with 33 is a huge mistake. It just plays so poorly and you have to check/fold so often. I suppose your plan is to checkraise low Flops but I don't really like it. If you think his range is wide in the first place, then just play for stacks right away.

Flop: Well this board is wet. I don't mind a raise, I don't mind a call as well. Call is superior if he barrels Turn a lot. We are virtually unafraid of any Turn card, even on a spade cos he shouldn't have too many suited hands when he 4bets pre-flop.

Turn: Just jam. This is for pure value. He is never folding QQ+ and he doesn't have too many flushes as mentioned before. Only AsKs unless you think he 4bets with a lot of suited garbage, which would mean that you should have 5bet jammed preflop.

About your stats: Your sample is really low. But if you have someone whose primary reaction to 3bets is to call, then the 3B is really not a good play for reasons mentioned above.

Consistency in Logic: Many of your actions are not consistent. You might want to refine your gameplan more and think about why you are making certain actions