[NL2-NL10] [Fr] Nl2 Kk 22-11-12

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP1: $2.64 (132 bb)
      MP2: $1.16 (58 bb)
      MP3: $1.14 (57 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2.01 (100.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.45 (72.5 bb)
      SB: $4.19 (209.5 bb)
      BB: $2.54 (127 bb)
      UTG+1: $3.25 (162.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $2.14 (107 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K K
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BTN calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.25) 7 A 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, BB calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.85) 2 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.85) T (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $0.42, 2 folds

Tried to protect the flop as best as I could, on turn they both called me, one could have Ax hand maybe even both and one could have the draw that completed...
      I'm giving up here right?
      Should I have played it differently?

BTN:

BB:
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      "Tried to protect the flop as best as I could"

I think people often overrate the value of protection. On the Flop our hand is only medium strength. Sure, we should bet for both value and protection with strong hands like sets and AK. But with medium strength hands it may be a better decision to protect your stack instead (meaning you should pot control).

I could go either way with bet or check. Checking makes more sense (if you think about the reasons for betting, either for value from worse or bluffing against better). But it's going to be tougher with a lot of guessing games involved on later streets. KK probably cannot be played for more than 1 street of value so I prefer to get it on a later street and under-represent my hand

I think I would still check. If lets say you check, BU bets and BB calls, you have an easy fold cos one of them has the Ace really often.

As played, my reasoning for the Turn is same as my previous paragraph. One of them has it way too often. So betting doesn't achieve much. You do pick up a flush draw though, so your options are to turn your hand into a bluff or checking and deciding on whether to call (vs smaller bets) or fold (vs larger bets).

Your implied odds on a 4th heart are not really high since it would be very obvious that you could easily have a large heart like Kh or Qh. And betting probably doesn't fold out too many AX so you would need to fire the River as well.

I think I just check Turn and check/fold River.