This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKs

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      villain is pretty loose passive, probably tilted after i stacked him like 3 hands before

Pre/Flop: i put him on 99-QQ, he doesnt really have many made flushes, there are like 2 combos, J:heart: T:heart: and Q:heart: J :heart:

Turn: i think if i bet im only getting call from Q:heart: Qx, so i checked and let him barrel his overpairs - with or without a :heart: - which i expect him to do almost always for protection.

question is if i should c/shove here, or just c/c.
      but i think he is always checking the river with anything, if i donk the river, he is folding as well biggest chance of him calling is on the turn i think with some J:heart: Jx/Q:heart: Qx....

iPoker - $0.05 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 18.6 BB
      UTG: 23.2 BB
      MP: 106.8 BB
      CO: 52.2 BB
      BTN: 170.2 BB
      Hero (SB): 326.8 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:heart: A:heart:

fold, MP raises to 2 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, MP calls 6 BB

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players) 6:club: 2:heart: 7:heart:
      Hero bets 14 BB, MP calls 14 BB

Turn: ($2.25, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero checks, MP bets 30 BB, Hero raises to 101.2 BB, fold

Hero shows K:heart: A:heart: (Flush, Ace High)
      Hero wins 99.8 BB

a lot of flame coming my way in the chat after the hand
      "FU clown" lol
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Preflop: Once again you 3bet AK vs early positions. Not saying it's bad, but it might be vs a tight guy. 3-betting should not be done by default in these positions.

Turn: I don't like the check/raise. It just looks really strong. Just bet yourself. You might want to question your assumptions because I don't think they are right. I think he may very well call 88-QQ again and if you check he may just check back with those hands (I certainly would if I were in his shoes).

I must point out that protection is overrated with weak hands, though he may very well be a weaker player.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      so you say i should just flat AKs preflop against a UTG raise in 6max unless he is a maniac?
      isnt that like absolutely nitty?