[NL2-NL10] Aa

• zumpar
      villain is a 33/30 3B:18 AF: 4.5 LAG,

almost puked when i saw that flop

should have probably bet the flop, c behind turn and fold river i guess

as played the only reason why i call is i thought he might have some overplayed AK sometimes, but now that i think about it, i dont think even he would barrel twice with that

iPoker - $0.05 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 97 BB
      UTG: 117.6 BB
      Hero (MP): 157.2 BB
      CO: 177.4 BB
      BTN: 41 BB
      SB: 42.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:spade: A:heart:

UTG raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 8.4 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 5.4 BB

Flop: ($0.91, 2 players) K:club: Q:spade: J:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.91, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      UTG bets 13.6 BB, Hero calls 13.6 BB

River: ($2.27, 2 players) 8:heart:
      UTG bets 34 BB, Hero calls 34 BB

UTG shows K:diamond: Q:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Queens) (Pre 14%, Flop 62%, Turn 73%)
      Hero mucks A:spade: A:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 86%, Flop 38%, Turn 27%)
      UTG wins 107.8 BB
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      I like your check, I think it's an advanced play that many low stakes players do not make. They usually just bet blindly cos they "have the nuts." Give yourself a pat on the back :)

Go with your initial reaction. You almost puked when you saw that flop. Basically AA's relative hand strength fell drastically on this Flop texture. Instead of going for 3 streets of value and playing for stacks on most boards, our hand now becomes severely weakened by this Flop. I think our hand can only go for 2 streets of value at the very most. We lose to so many sets and two pairs and straights and if we bet and get raised I would puke even more.

I'm not sure why you disliked your flop check though, you lost the minimum IMO. If you had bet and gotten raised, had you stacked off, you would have lost way more. You could have easily induced some random bluff, he could value bet AK himself if he didn't 3bet it. He could turn TT or 99 or 88 into a bluff as well.

Very well played!