[NL2-NL10] 88

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      villain is fairly passive

can i bet the turn myself and c/f river?

i think the outcome would be the same probably tho

iPoker - $0.05 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 74 BB
      UTG: 41 BB
      Hero (MP): 235.8 BB
      CO: 104.4 BB
      BTN: 35.8 BB
      SB: 63.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 8:diamond: 8:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.52, 3 players) 7:spade: 4:club: 2:diamond:
      Hero bets 8.2 BB, CO calls 8.2 BB, fold

Turn: ($1.34, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets 20 BB, Hero calls 20 BB

River: ($3.34, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Hero mucks 8:diamond: 8:spade: (Two Pair, Eights and Twos) (Pre 18%, Flop 10%, Turn 14%)
      CO shows J:spade: J:diamond: (Two Pair, Jacks and Twos) (Pre 82%, Flop 90%, Turn 86%)
      CO wins 63.6 BB
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Flop: Yes you have an overpair. However in reality, how often are you getting called by worse? Flop has no draws and do people really call underpairs when you cbet into a 3way pot? Your bet here would mostly be for protection. And since this is the case I don't like such a huge bet. Make a bet of half the pot.

Turn: Well, 35s got there (that is if CO is loose enough to play this hand). Does he even call 66 on the Flop? He could still have all sets, and 99/TT/JJ. I don't think he bets 7X on the Turn cos it's too thin. I don't see him having many floats on the Flop.

Thus this is a c/f on the Turn. You need to put him on stuff like draws or overcards in order to justify calling here. I don't think he's really betting worse hands too often and he can't really have bluffs due to the lack of draws present on the flop.