This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 88

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      villain is fairly passive

can i bet the turn myself and c/f river?

i think the outcome would be the same probably tho

iPoker - $0.05 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 74 BB
      UTG: 41 BB
      Hero (MP): 235.8 BB
      CO: 104.4 BB
      BTN: 35.8 BB
      SB: 63.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 8:diamond: 8:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.52, 3 players) 7:spade: 4:club: 2:diamond:
      Hero bets 8.2 BB, CO calls 8.2 BB, fold

Turn: ($1.34, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets 20 BB, Hero calls 20 BB

River: ($3.34, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Hero mucks 8:diamond: 8:spade: (Two Pair, Eights and Twos) (Pre 18%, Flop 10%, Turn 14%)
      CO shows J:spade: J:diamond: (Two Pair, Jacks and Twos) (Pre 82%, Flop 90%, Turn 86%)
      CO wins 63.6 BB
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Flop: Yes you have an overpair. However in reality, how often are you getting called by worse? Flop has no draws and do people really call underpairs when you cbet into a 3way pot? Your bet here would mostly be for protection. And since this is the case I don't like such a huge bet. Make a bet of half the pot.

Turn: Well, 35s got there (that is if CO is loose enough to play this hand). Does he even call 66 on the Flop? He could still have all sets, and 99/TT/JJ. I don't think he bets 7X on the Turn cos it's too thin. I don't see him having many floats on the Flop.

Thus this is a c/f on the Turn. You need to put him on stuff like draws or overcards in order to justify calling here. I don't think he's really betting worse hands too often and he can't really have bluffs due to the lack of draws present on the flop.