[NL2-NL10] 88s

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      here i rase flop cause villain is a very LAGish guy with cbet about 100%
      turn i bet small just to buy a cheap showdown

river he donks small, i dont know if its a blockbet or a slowplayed set, but i probably dont even beat a blockbet

iPoker - $0.05 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 131.4 BB
      UTG: 102.6 BB
      Hero (MP): 73.2 BB
      CO: 107.6 BB
      BTN: 83 BB
      SB: 112.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 8:heart: 8:spade:

UTG raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) 3:heart: 6:spade: 4:club:
      UTG bets 3 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, UTG calls 7 BB

Turn: ($1.37, 2 players) 9:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 16 BB, UTG calls 16 BB

River: ($2.97, 2 players) J:club:
      UTG bets 22 BB, fold

UTG wins 56.6 BB
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Flop raise is not good. Sure, he may have a wide range here both preflop and on the flop. However, you need to consider what worse hands he is actually calling with. If he calls with AK/AQ high here, then sure, I like your raise a lot.

But...

1) Did you plan on what to do vs a 3bet? Would you jam or fold? If you can't answer this question, then raising flop is massively -EV.
      2) Try to use pokerstove or equilator to check the equity of your hand vs his calling range (vs your raise). If you have >50% equity, then you have a value raise here.

Turn: It's too thin, I think you are likely to be isolating yourself vs stronger hands.

River: I don't really think the Jack changes anything. I don't see many jacks in his range, unless he bet/call the Flop with AsJs. He should be folding most Jacks by the Turn, that is if he even calls the raise with them on the flop in the first place.

So this would mean that you think he suddenly wakes up with JJ or is playing overpairs or sets in this fashion.

Then again, I can't think of too many bluffs in his range. But weak players tend to bet randomly so I can't say for sure. You should have checked turn and call river if you did choose to raise flop.