[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - AQ Squeeze meets resistance

• ILuvBeachVB
      ILuvBeachVB
      Bronze
      No Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10
      Full Tilt Poker
      6 players
      Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
      UTG - UTG ($6.11)
      MP - MP ($15.05)
      CO - CO ($9.85)
      BTN - BTN ($15.07)
      SB - Hero ($10.20)
      BB - BB ($12.85)

Preflop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is SB with A:club: Q:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.35, MP calls $0.35, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1.55, 2 folds, MP calls $1.20, 1 fold

Flop: T:spade: 2:club: T:club: ($3.90, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.11, MP calls $2.11

Turn: 9:heart: ($8.12, 2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $4.06, 1 fold, Uncalled bet of $4.06 returned to MP

Total Pot: $8.12
      MP mucks

MP wins $7.58

MP: 44/25/38/1.54/32/331 [VPIP/PFR/fold to 3bet/AF/WTS/3 hands]
  • 2 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I usually don't like to squeeze AQo OOP against so many opponents. I usually just call. Is that a leak?

Don;t have a lot of fold equity on the flop. Any PP is calling, overcards also mgiht call.

MP called Pre flop and called your 3 bet meaning he could have a middle-strong pocket pair.

If I cbet flop I'll have to C-Bet any turn and will end up being all in by turn, so I'll avoid cbetting flop.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Squeezing is the best play. AQo sucks OOP in multiway pot. Besides, there are some fishes in the hand and we want to isolate them from the other players. Which was what happened pretty much, and we got our ideal situation.

Flop: This is a paired board, so it's less likely that villain has a pair himself. Assuming MP always shoves AK preflop, we have the nut no-pair hand. And given his preflop stats I think he can have so many random garbage here, including all broadways and many suited connector or suited ace type of hand.

I also think we can't bluff better hands (pocket pairs are never folding the Flop), and we can't really get too much value from worse (ok perhaps AJ calls the Flop but i expect stuff like KQ to fold usually).

Once again, I often advocate check/calling Flop. Yes it gets tricky. but the play that puts you into tough spots may often be the one reaping the highest EV.

So if we bluff catch the Flop, Turn and River is mostly about us trying to guess whether he is capable of firing multiple streets of bluffs. Of course if board turns out bad for us (like a J and 9 on T and R) then we can fold. but if more pairing cards or low cards come, or if we improve to A or Q then we can call down easily. I usually look at Turn and River aggression to make the decision. Many players at lower limits have a huge disparity for their aggression levels in different streets