[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - AA OP on paired board

• ILuvBeachVB
      ILuvBeachVB
      Bronze
      No Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10
      Full Tilt Poker
      6 players
      Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
      UTG - UTG ($18.59)
      MP - MP ($3.85)
      CO - CO ($10.60)
      BTN - BTN ($13.44)
      SB - Hero ($11.17)
      BB - BB ($10.15)

Preflop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is SB with A:club: A:spade:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.80, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.50

Flop: 7:diamond: Q:club: 8:club: ($1.70, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BTN calls $0.90

Turn: Q:diamond: ($3.50, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70

River: 4:spade: ($6.90, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.70, 1 fold, Uncalled bet of $5.70 returned to BTN

Total Pot: $6.90
      BTN mucks

BTN wins $6.44

Villain: 21/17/3/22/486 [vpip/pfr/af/wts/# hands]
  • 4 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Flop C-bet is too weak. Need protection has to be around 1.40.

On the turn I'll start playing way ahead way behind too and probably fold to a pot sized river bet.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hmm Turn is close.
      Double pair but double flush draw. Sure he has many QX in his 3bet calling range. I don't think he folds 8X/99-JJ since there are 2 flush draws out and QX paired. I think I am leaning towards a Turn bet, and a river c/c. I would halfpot the Turn.

You lose a lot to QX, sure, but I think on the Turn you have a really thin value bet. Then if flush draws missed on the River, and he bets, you probably need to bluff catch with AA since you would probably have the best hand.

Having AA here is also really great, cause you block AQ which is a very likely part of his range.

About the FLop cbet being too weak, I agree that it could be a little larger, like 1.10. But 1.40 is way too large. this is a 3b pot and its really unnecessary to bet so large.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I like the idea of bluff catching with AA more now, however don't you think that by check/calling turn we could make him bluff with weaker hands or draws as a cbet on turn will drive most hands away?

so wouldn't check/call turn and river be better?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well I don't think you are that sure about his frequencies for bluffing right? Would he always fire turn and river with draws?

I also think that you have thin value with AA on the Turn. And we also want to be able to bluff our flush draws and double barrel the Turn. We are only a slight favourite, but we still have value. So bet.

Maybe JJ and TT could be a call, since there are just simply fewer worse hands which could call us on the Turn.