This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH25 FF total air 3barrel IP

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $4.07
      SB: $33.73
      BB: $13.94
      UTG: $34.22
      MP: $19.04
      Hero (CO): $33.64

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 3:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, SB calls $0.40, fold

Flop: ($1.25, 2 players) Q:heart: 6:spade: 4:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.79, SB calls $0.79

Turn: ($2.83, 2 players) K:spade:
      SB SNAPchecks, Hero SNAPbets $1.79, SB calls $1.79

River: ($6.41, 2 players) 9:club:
      SB SNAPchecks, Hero SNAPbets $4.56, ...

[edit: WTF am i doing opening this from CO? most likely btn was also a nit and i thought that this was pretty enough, sooted with a broadway ftw ofc :f_biggrin: not that it makes this a reasonable open]
      [edit2: title, i thought i was the button :D ]

villain seems quite nitty.

[P] Defended blinds passively {AKs} (1)

^ ...nah, almost definitely nitty.

in retrospect i'm not sure if i like it. nits gonna nit, worst hand he has on river is AQ i think :f_biggrin:
      but i thought that this board development was SO GOOD to barrel :f_biggrin: it actually wasn't that good, but whatever

i wasn't too concerned about what i rep but i just thought the he couldn't take the heat.
      i felt he was weak, thought it's tough for him to have Kx (wrong, he could easily have KQ) and i didn't give him credit for a flush with his line.

i think that he def folds AQ, but not sure how farther he folds.
      i also think i definitely can't bet smaller on the river.
  • 7 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      How does the river card, 9c, change his decision making process from the turn? I can understand barreling the turn, if you think you have some FE (which looks a little optimistic with this guy). But betting the river seems to me not a good idea. I'd probably check/fold the flop verse someone like him. I'd also be opening J2s from CUT unless there was some reason not to.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah, it's a super obvious open from btn but from co i think it's a bit too thin as the btn should play back often.

the river - doesn't really matter.
      i just don't think that he's always on callturn callriver mode as he could easily peel the turn with his Qx (specially if his pair has a spade), also if i bet big he should be quite discouraged to call the river.

we could 2barrel and stop there to make him fold something like JJ- range. in retrospect i think that this is a better idea than 3barrel, as his callturn range should be quite strong.
      that K is a pretty good turncard as he most often shouldn't hit this K unless it's for a twopair (as he can't have a K high FD)
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      His preflop calling range could be as tight as QQ-77,AJs+,KJs+,AQo+,KQo

So he doesn't really have that much Qx

Say he calls the turn with AQs+,KJs+,AQo+,KQo. You 'may' get him fold his AQo and AQs on the river, but he's not folding the AKo,AKs,KQo,KJs,KQ + a few made flushes. Doesn't look like a good idea trying to fold him off whatever his strong range is.

But really all of this is moot I think. Opening J3s and not check/folding with zero equtiy and little FE against a guy with such a strong range seems like a waste of money to me.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      1) Pre may be fine given the right dynamics, though J3s is insanely weak (I think it's top 50% and that's super loose for CO opening range).
      2) Flop Cbet: I don't like it. We don't have too much backdoor potential. Just check and delay cbet.
      3) Turn: Well it's a "standard" barrel card. I don't think he has many flushes given his nittiness. I think it's fine, we do it to fold out pairs worse than QX.
      4) River: Hmmmm on one hand it's a decent bluff card cos JT got there too. On the other hand, I think given how nitty he is, we are going to be looking at KQ really often. Could we fold out AQ? I'm not sure. I think he has all combos of AQ cos he's too nitty to 3bet that.

I could go either way. I don't think this is like the best spot ever to bluff, but I don't think it's bad either.

Main thing i dislike about your play is the flop bet cos you have no potential. And if you are always firing away like that I suspect you may be bluffing too much.

ah yes i agree with most of what jules said
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      nice, delay cbet definitely better.

also yeah, i am bluffing too much. :f_biggrin:
      the gameplan is something like, open all buttons, fire any reasonable flop and if i think that the turn is a pretty good scare card i'll most often also fire turn and river. :f_biggrin:

that said, i've been a fullring zoom nit for a way longer than healthy time and i'm also way overrolled for this limit, so i want to see what i can get away with.
      give me a break :D

i was already writing a post so it goes below:

from his perspective, AK will fold the flop sometimes, KJ and worse random hands will fold the flop VERY often.
      that's why i think that he almost never hits this K.

so his range that gets to the turn -> something like QT+, JJ-77, some random flushdraws, A K.
      on the turn JJ-77, maybe QT no spades fold (but unlikely) which i think that is a nice achievement.

when he calls, though, he should have at least J Jx and at most a flush, but i don't give him credit for too many because of his line+timings.
      that said, he definitely should have a pretty strong range by the river and it's usually not a good idea to try to bluff people out of strong ranges. :f_biggrin:
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      yeah good that you realize this.

You know, i used to play like you. 3barreling all the time. I remember someone calling me with AJ 3 streets SB vs my BU. I was like WTF? How could he have done that? My range is uncapped, i have AK AQ all sets all 2 pairs bla bla bla

Then it dawned upon me that I was bluffing too much. So I much prefer a more balanced style these days. You don't have to win every pot you know?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i know, i built my entire roll with a tanking redline :f_biggrin:

of course no damns were given since the green line was good, but i believe that it's good to see the other side of the story.
      after enough time i should be able to incorporate this into a well balanced style and be able to mix it up more often.

hand results -> he timebank-folded. nits gonna herofold also