SitNGo Wizzard tutorial

• Samujedrez
      Samujedrez
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm reading the tutorial of SitNGo Wizzard and I've reached to a point where I don't understand what the tutorial means.

This is the text I don't understand very well, only red one:

How does it work?

Based on estimated opponent opening and calling ranges, the SitNGo Wizard considers every possible outcome when you push or call a push by an opponent. It computes the probability of each outcome and your equity for each outcome. It combines each of these equities to determine your total equity.

Next, it computes your equity when you fold the edge you need to play the hand. The edge is how much more your equity when you push must exceed your equity when you fold. The bigger your stack, the larger your edge must be to push.

I hope you can explain to me.

Thank you in advance.
  • 1 reply
    • Loreit
      Loreit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Samujedrez
      Next, it computes your equity when you fold the edge you need to play the hand. The edge is how much more your equity when you push must exceed your equity when you fold. The bigger your stack, the larger your edge must be to push.
      I'm still learning, but this is my conclusion

3 things can happen,
      A, You push and win
      B, You push and loose
      C, You fold

The equity if you fold is simple to calculate, the equity if you push will be based on statistics and you will calculate an average.

Pushing is always a risk, so if the average result when pushing is the same as when folding there is no reward in pushing(in the long run).
      If you got a huge stack you want to minimize the risk and you demand a higher edge.

If you are really low stack you can even accept an negative edge, but then you have a coin flip against you. But if you don't flip you will get busted soon anyway.

I don't know if it clarified anything...