NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20)
      Hero ($20.66)
      UTG ($7.64)
      UTG+1 ($19.17)
      CO ($5.41)
      BTN ($20.98)

Dealt to Hero 7:heart: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.40, SB raises to $5.20, fold

SB wins $4.80

How to defend vs steals from him?
      Can I 3bet with intention of double barrel, because he should call preflop with wide range, but how can he call 2 streets?

Do I have to defent K7s at all or wait for more plaiable hand?

Or call preflop with intention of raising cbet on flop? He fold to raises on flop small sample, but I believe he should fold because of wide preflop range.
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      When we formulate our range, we want to split our 3bet range between value (nuts) and bluffs (air). If we want to be balanced, we should aim for a 50/50 ratio. If someone is folding too much or too little then we adjust our nuts:air ratio.

Anyway the air portion of our 3bet range should comprise hands that are too weak to call. So I like your 3bet here if you think you cannot call K7s profitably. But I think vs a 50% steal 3BB open, this is a very easy call. I think it is really easy to play this IP, you can flop flush draws, King or 7 pair, and also float some boards when you have some small amounts of equity.

Call > 3bet >>> Fold

And you don't need to play back all the time, u get 33% pot odds which is quite reasonable. Pick flops that are somewhat better for your actual hand, or your perceived range (like many middle cards). You can float or raise, depending on how wet the board is.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      But I think vs a 50% steal 3BB open, this is a very easy call.

wow its interesting, I was not thinking that its very easy call. Also then could you tell the bottom range which we can call vs him here?
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      U should never call preflop with intention of raising cbet or 3bet with intention of 2barreling in theory. U should do what's the best preflop, then see a flop and make best decision there based on flop texture and our hand.

I like calling with this hand. I kinda like playing postflop IP a lot, I 3bet here very little.

Also your 3bet sizing sucks. It should be something like 1.8-1.9 IP. When u 3bet to 2.4, it's super ez for him to play almost perfectly vs u.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Also your 3bet sizing sucks. It should be something like 1.8-1.9 IP. When u 3bet to 2.4, it's super ez for him to play almost perfectly vs u.

I was teached to 3bet 4x vs 3bb openings, because if we 3bet small, then he has odds to setmine. Of course I don't have big hand, so I will not stack off with just a pair. But then if I 3bet small with bluffs and 3bet big with value hands, it will be also easy for him to play.

But vs this oponenent no need to 3bet with the intenetions of bluffing postflop as you say, so only 3bet for value. And then I can 3bet for value big. He calls anyway. And call IP with those medium hands.