[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - 87s: considering flat for suck out

• Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      Hi all.
      Im from the portuguese community. Im posting there for several years already, but as its always the same coach answering i decided to start posting here to see different ways of thinking the game. Thanks in advance.

I will start with an off standard hand...

At CO i have a
      63/21/2.5
      38% OR MP
      41% fold vs 3bet
      0.4% 4bet range
      2k hands

The BU is:
      15/13/2.7
      5.2% 3bet
      8.6k mãos

Hero (BB): $32.60 (130.4 bb)
      MP: $67.27 (269.1 bb)
      CO: $26.87 (107.5 bb)
      BTN: $25 (100 bb)
      SB: $28.58 (114.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:heart: 7:heart:
      MP raises to $0.75, CO folds, BTN raises to $2.25,

Donkey will come and wont 4bet, we are a bit deep. The reg is tight. So i think there might be some good value to take from my hand if i hit a good hand.
      I started getting more interest in the SC when i read somewhere that 12.5% of the time we hit 2 par + or strong draw (12outs+). And then there are more 13.2% chance to get a regular draw. I know this hits arent as strong as sets, but they hit more often.
      So what you guys think of this SCs? Are they worth to call for example on the BB vs a tight range from the UTG just to hit a strong hand like we do with a pp?
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      welcome sir :D

i think this is DEFINITELY not worth it oop, if we were btn then we could consider but i still don't like it.

the thing with SC is that most of the time postflop you'll have the worst hand, but still are kinda commited to c/c a few more bets as a sure underdog which sucks. fold pre and save the money
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      When I wanna cold call 3bet preflop, I would measure my hand's equity vs my opponent's 3betting range. If it's <50% it's a no brainer fold. Even if it's 50%, you are OOP without the initiative so you actually need more than 50% to call here.

With your crappy hand I think this is an easy fold. You are putting so much money into the pot with a weak hand, and you miss so many flops. Even if you hit a straight or flush, you don't get paid off that often. And usually when you hit, you only flop draws which is an underdog vs overpairs still.