Hero was playing 15/14/8
      16% 3bet in the table (113 hands)

CO: $45.31 (181.2 bb)
      BTN: $24.43 (97.7 bb)
      Hero (SB): $47.15 (188.6 bb)
      BB: $43.29 (173.2 bb)
      MP: $18.58 (74.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: K:diamond:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.50, BB raises to $5, BTN folds, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($10.75) 3:spade: T:heart: 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($10.75) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($10.75) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

What do you guys think of the call pre-flop?
      My plan was to fold that flop, but as he checks in such good board to value bet AA/KK against my perceived range i think that i might call at least the turn if he bets (by the time i was thinking to call river also, but i think its spew now). I call the river for sure if he bets only there.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      You are playing nitty with 15/14. But your 3bet is high. I don't know what to make of that. Your high 3bet could be a result of variance and small sample. What's your 3bet % usually? You have 24k hands on BB so I assume he knows your true stats.

So we have 3 options here.
      Call - Best option here IMO.
      5bet small to $10 - Requires aggro dynamic for these stack sizes. He needs to be cold 4betting light really often and also you would need to bluff 5bet some % of the time. I don't think that's the case here. Could be a reasonable play though, at higher limits and with more aggressive opponents in these positions
      Fold - If he's nitty. For example if we swap BU and BB, I would fold vs the cold 4bet. Sure we get great pot odds but we are up against a range which crushes us. He may even just cold call the 3b with QQ and AK with these stack sizes, who knows?

I think checking down is fine, though I suspect we split with AK very often. We would be able to rep JJ/QQ very hard though, so I don't mind bluffing and folding him off a chop.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      Yep, i was a bit nit at the table, but were only 100 hands so...
      I just start playing in that site this month, played only 13k hands, so i guess he dont have much of a sample. Im 22/19/3.2 with 9.4% 3bet overall.
      Interesting the bet on the river to avoid the chop, i didnt thought about that. Anyway what would you do vs a bet in any street?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      you should bet the Turn though if u want to bet. I really doubt he has an overpair when he checks back the Flop, it just doesn't make any sense.

If you bet the River he may very easily bluff catch with AK which defeats the purpose of bluffing him off a chop. But if u bet the Turn, you rep an overpair pretty well and he is faced with the possibility of a river bet.

If he calls, should you bet the River? Now I'm not sure about that, as to whether he folds AK on the Turn or not. If we are really confident in our read that he doesn't ever have an overpair, then i see no reason to not continue firing the river since we chop with him at the very most. Unless he somehow potcontrols TX after 4betting light with a hand like AT and then bluff catching T + R.