$26.01
      MP2:
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $25.99
      CO (Hero):
      $32.77

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, BU folds, SB calls $0.52, BB raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $5.00, SB folds, BB calls $3.00.

Flop: ($10.62) Q, Q, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($10.62) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($10.62) 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $4.75, Hero raises to $27.77, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $15.37.
      his stats in 233 hands   vpip24 pfr19 af2 wtsd31 w$sd33 river af8 fold to flop cb in 3 bet pot 0   fold to turn CB in 3 bet pot 100    

in this situation,he doesnt have AA,and if QQ he would bet the turn,so his hands are TT,JJ,AK ? if AK,should I bet on the turn?
      did I play this hand well?
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Pre: I usually 4bet bluff a lot here so I want to make my bluffs cheaper and I make it 2X in position to 4$. Even if he calls I can just cbet Flop 40% and take it down really often so I am not that afraid of getting called.

Flop: Hmm usually this should be a decent spot to slowplay. However this is a 4bet pot. He should have many QX hands and broadway hands. Thus I would just bet 3.50$ here, then check turn and let him bluff River with his straight draws (or value bet river).

I would very much prefer a check here on something like K99, but not KQQ. The flop you have here still allows him to call really often, and you are not going to be able to induce from JJ/TT too much anyway.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I don't see why that is an argument?

He will fold AJ to a bet... And vs Qx it's going in anyway so we don't miss value by slowplaying. I also think PP's are folding
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I don't see why that is an argument?

He will fold AJ to a bet... And vs Qx it's going in anyway so we don't miss value by slowplaying. I also think PP's are folding
      Without history of 4-bet pots with opponent I agree with you that a slowplay may be better.

IF we had history we would most likely bluff cbet boards like these a lot so valuebetting, even with our hand makes sense.

Considering that a Qx will go broke with us either way I don't mind checking back to let him catch a piece or bluff (or bluffcatch lighter).

Instead of checking turn back I actually prefer betting 1/3 pot to look like we are trying to bluff. This way I think villain may call at least 1 street with his pairs or even AJ/AT.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Yeah true but most likely this is the 1st spot like this vs that exact villain so no need to balance right? Betting $3.25 looks also fine yeah :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      He doesn't fold AJ to a 1/3 pot size bet IMO (he has a gutshot). You could argue that checking here is better to slowplay. But good players know that you have something when you check and are less likely to spazz out.

Is this guy a bad player? I don't know. What I know is that if you check this flop against me, I would be putting you on KQ/QQ/KK a lot, and occasionally JJ. I would never bluff against you. I prefer to bet small and act like i'm making a cheap bluff, then i can show weakness on future streets and let you spazz out.

It really has nothing to do with QX, but rather trying to get AJ or AT or JT to put in more money.