Stacks:
      UTG ($9.07) 91bb
      UTG+1 ($16.52) 165bb
      CO ($7.54) 75bb
      BTN ($10.82) 108bb
      SB ($5.08) 51bb
      DrDunne (BB) ($10.15) 102bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) DrDunne is BB A:heart: 8:heart:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, 1 fold, DrDunne raises to $1, BTN calls $0.70

Flop: 5:heart: 8:spade: 3:diamond: ($2.05, 2 players)
      DrDunne bets $1.10, BTN calls $1.10

Turn: 5:diamond: ($4.25, 2 players)
      DrDunne checks, BTN bets $2.55, DrDunne calls $2.55

River: 2:club: ($9.35, 2 players)
      DrDunne checks, BTN goes all-in $6.17, DrDunne goes all-in $5.50

Final Pot: $20.35
      DrDunne shows two pair, Eights and Fives
      A:heart: 8:heart:
      BTN shows
      A:spade: 10:spade:

DrDunne wins $19 (net +$8.85)

BTN collects $0.67 (net -$10.15)

at the time villain was pretty unknown i guess he seemed fairly reggy. on the turn i decided to check to let him float and so just decided to call him down but against an unknown i think this is a mistake... and given that he defended this wide i believe my 3bet pre is also a mistake and i should be having a depolarised range rather than 3betting with such a trash hand. im doing some thinking about SB/BB vs LP dynamics so im second guessing lots..

also, how is the line? am i owned too many times by overpairs here? i dont see him having many other overpairs apart from 99-JJ...
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it is fine. I would also take c/c line on the turn and I think it is reasonable to c/c river. He would usually not shove his 99/TT, but a lot likely floats or trips+. With overpairs I would likely c/rai (although I think mixing it up for example aces/kings) should also be fine.

best regards,
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      ok, thanks. i feel really sick playing this way cos i never really know if it's very good to do it, but whenever i get a second opinion im told it's fine so i really need to get more comfortable doing it!

also, how is my thought process about 3betting pre?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Preflop: I think you can definitely call with A8s profitably so use some weaker hands as part of your bluffing range

As played... it is important to know his Fold to 3b to have a good idea about his preflop range.

Flop: Betting is standard. Important stats to note - Villain's fold to Flop Cbet. This allows you to guess how wide he is actually floating on the Flop. Does he float Ace high or some broadway backdoor stuff like KsQs or AsTs here?

If his FTCBET on Flop is <40%, you can be damn sure he has all those hands. If it's well above 50%, then I doubt he has those.

Turn and River play are really dependent on his flop continuation range. Assuming he does not value bet thin, I really doubt he bets 99/TT or JJ for value on turn and river. He shouldn't have 22/55 very often, and I also don't think he has many 5X hands besides the occasional A5s or 56s.

So if you think this guy floats flop wide as shown in the results, then i think this would probably be a c/c T c/c R.

It's also good to know his 4bet tendencies. Does he 4bet 99 and TT (Probably not at NL10). What about JJ? I played NL10 a few times recently and I think people do stack off JJ in late position sometimes.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      thanks for the insight!

so given that i have no idea of a) his tendencies when facing a 3bet, b) his cbet-calling range, and c) how wide he floats AND d) if he continues his floats otr, you think i should have just given it up and just not even bothered making so many assumptions with little info?

oh and i agree i have seen people stack off with JJ pre in LP but i guess it doesnt seem to happen TOO often.. can't say i've personally seen any competent player stacking off with TT at these limits :)