Stacks:
      UTG ($25) 100bb
      UTG+1 ($17.20) 69bb
      CO ($25) 100bb
      Hero (BTN) ($49.29) 197bb
      SB ($52.39) 210bb
      BB ($27.78) 111bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BTN J A
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $3.25, 1 fold, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $2.25

Flop: 3 A Q ($7, 2 players)
      SB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: T ($14, 2 players)
      SB bets $6.75, Hero calls $6.75

River: 5 ($27.50, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: $27.50

Villain is:
      30/24, AF 13.0, 3b 12.9%(31)
      CBet3b Flop 1/2, Turn 1/1
      94hands

Notes:
      Broke w any fd on flopp 100bb eff.

All of his 3b were aimed at me, I flatted once before but gave up flop.

Pre: Is pretty standard, esp since we are deep and ip with such hand as AJs.

Flop: We hit our TP, and call his halfpot since he can be cbetting 100% of his range here. Imo raising is out of question here, we would be isolating ourselves similairly as if we would with a pre flop 4b.

Turn: Some of his range now gets ahead (AT, KJ, QT), but also some of his range picks up outs (QJ, KQ, KT). I am not sure if he would double barrel AX in this spot or how many of those are is his range. His sizing is also very weak, giving us pretty good odds to call.

River: On river I tanked quite hard if there is any value in betting. Decided to check behind mostly because people don't value bet thin enough, which would mean I can valuecut myself and he could get tricky with "nuts" now that river bricked. I could b/f but that suck because I really want to go to sd and asses his range which could help me in future.

-Vs a river bet we are folding 100% right? What about 1/3 or 1/4 bet on river?

-If villain flips Ax at showdown, should we consider valuebetting R next time?

-If villain shows top of his range (AK, AQ, AT, AA, KJ), should we adjust somehow pre, on flop or turn already?

-Do we play the same 100bb eff stack? In the same scenario what do we acomplish with a river shove?

Thank you!
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Pre: We are deep and he attacks us a lot. Can't fold suited AJs for sure, it's like the best hand to call in this spot.

Flop and Turn: Call for sure. No other option, 2 flush draws out, we have gutshot and the best hand really often.

River: I don't think you have too much value, I think he plays AK like that all the time. And I think there's a good chance he pot controls worse AX on the Turn so I think I like your play.

-Vs a river bet we are folding 100% right? What about 1/3 or 1/4 bet on river?
      Depends on his tendencies. If he has high 3barrel frequencies then you need to call down when 2 flush draws brick off. You would need to win 25-33% of the time, assuming he bets between 50%-100% of pot.

-If villain flips Ax at showdown, should we consider valuebetting R next time?
      Probably. It would tell us 2 things - 1) he 3bets really light preflop 2) he barrels for thin value on the Turn.

-If villain shows top of his range (AK, AQ, AT, AA, KJ), should we adjust somehow pre, on flop or turn already?
      I think his line is standard for AK, I will be really surprised to see 2pair+ and I think that would mean that he is trappy on River with nutted hands sometimes when many draws missed. I would be less inclined to bluff River, and also I might call river bets lighter since we can discount nutted hands from his 3barrel range since he c/r with some of them

-Do we play the same 100bb eff stack? In the same scenario what do we acomplish with a river shove?
      I'm still not folding pre 100BB effective stack. And I don't think anything changes too much.