NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.94)
      BB ($10)
      Hero ($11.20)
      UTG+1 ($5.34)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($11.52)

Dealt to Hero A:club: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($1.20) 2:spade: K:heart: J:heart:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, BTN calls $0.90, SB raises to $1.64 (AI), BB raises to $3.90, Hero ???

SB is unknown
      BB is a 17/13. Only 72 hands on him so no reads
      BTN is a 40/1 fish. Plays fit or fold post

When SB shoves I'm quite happy to call and basically plan to 1/2 pot any T and shove river versus BTN unless it runs out 4 to a flush as I think he can have Kx/Jx as well as fd/QT/T9/AT etc here.

But when BB comes over the top had no idea how to react. Only hands he could have that beat us are 22/JJ/KJ as well as combo draw hands like AThh/T9hh/QThh. Don't know if he would spazz out w/TPTK...

If we give him that range +Axhh/AK we're basically flipping. Taking out AK we've <40%.

Can we ever call and get it in on any turn that isn't a heart? Or if this is the plan would it be easier to ship?

If I had the Ah we've got blockers to most of his fd's so how would that change things in your opinion?

His range will have less semi bluff combos so is it a fold v a more nutted range?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      His range is clearly made up of made hands or drawy hands. He never bluffs here.

How do you see this guy playing TP in this case once SB shoves? How about sets/2p?

I can see him slowplay 2p/sets more often than not especially if BTN is a fish (although some people do get way too scared about the draw). However to me this raise looks more like a Kx trying to take the pot and play with SB that would raise here lighter.

So my options would be to call or raise. Raising would look way too strong and may scare off his Kx hands so I would most likely opt to call, especially with BTN left to act.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Suppose it makes sense he'd try to isolate SB w/TP hands. Probably wouldn't want to call and play oop in a huge pot. He's only facing a tough decision on the T 3 way. So best get it in while he can and isolate the sb.

Given I reckon he had a lot of draws in his range my plan was to call and get it on any none heart T. But would having the Ah make a difference to your decision? Because we block nearly all his fds, just QT/T9 left imo. So if he is doing this with sets and two pair as well his range now dominates us?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think given the action this is a clear fold so i wont do any pokerstoving for you. Too many people left in the hand and at least one of them has a stronger made hand than u. I think its rwally unlikely that all of them have draws.

Given this analysis, u are drawing to a 2 outer.nso ur equity in the hand is like 10% or less. Its also impt to note that you are merely a slight favourite vs flushdraws and even with a straight flusj draw. If the best case scenario is so unfavourable, then the worst case scenario is evem worse