[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom KKs facing 3bet + 1 caller

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.05 (101 bb)
      SB: $10.84 (216.8 bb)
      BB: $5.12 (102.4 bb)
      UTG: $3.04 (60.8 bb)
      Hero (MP): $9.18 (183.6 bb)
      CO: $4.64 (92.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K K
      UTG calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, CO raises to $0.65, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($2.02) 4 5 J (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks, CO bets $1.15, UTG folds, Hero raises to $8.35, CO folds

Results:
      $4.32 pot ($0.18 rake)
      Final Board: 4 5 J
      UTG mucked and lost (-$0.65 net)
      Hero mucked K K and won $4.14 ($2.34 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$1.80 net)

Both villains unknown.

PF: When CO 3b me, I was planning to 4b, and call 5b shove as he doesn't have full stack and seems fishy. When UTG called, I totally was at a loss what I should do. Not sure if I should 4b shove or flat. In the end I chickened out and decided to go w my hand on the flop if I don't see an A.

Flop: Followed through w my plan. If CO had AK or AQ which he would have played for stacks PF then I definitely missed tonnes of value. But if he would have folded to my 4b, then in turn I gained value on the flop from his bet.

What's w all these dynamics??!! ?(
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi,

Both UTG and CO seem to be fishy.

They both told us preflop that they like their hand which should instantly put a smile on our face because we have KK and are almost always way ahead of their ranges.

Because of this I would actually 4-bet for pure value preflop. We don't need to make it huge but we want them to put more money in here especially once UTG called.

I would say 100% 4-bet for value.

As played I like our line considering that CO already put in about half his stack and can call many worse.

Do you really think that a villain, that's fishy, that 3-bets AQ/AK can fold it to a 4-bet preflop? On average?
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Hi Coach,

I have a weak mindset because this is my 2nd time taking a shot at NL5 and the previous time I kept having KKs vs AAs and even losing KKs against AK-AQ etc. And it's true I seldom have my AAs meeting KKs! But I guess we always remember the times we lose.

Do you really think that a villain, that's fishy, that 3-bets AQ/AK can fold it to a 4-bet preflop? On average?

I would say he would call or even shove himself <90% of the time. I agree and even know I should 4-bet for value. Just that I keep having flashes of AAs against KKs and played sub-optimally. :f_frown: