huge tourney tomorrow

• danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      hey im playing in the saturday mps tomorrow for those who are just as clueless as i was until i won my seat its a 100 pound satelite to the Mega poker series
      my bankroll doesnt allow for me to make a rebuy or add on
      i dont think i am ready personally for a tourney like this
      i would like some tips as to how i should approach this tourney tomorrow
  • 11 replies
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      starting stack is 3000
      blinds increase every 10 minutes
      add on break after 1 hour

plz do remember i dont hv bankroll to rebuy
      so base tips around that please
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      as u clearly will be outskilled here the obvious thing here to do would be to play only premium hands and super agressive... better blind out and get to the point u have a pushing stack to abuse table than just loose your chips when getting outplayd postflop :)
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      well still a long way to go
      but the registered players thus far are not much better than me
      infact i might be but who knows who's gonna buy in
      i never invested a cent to get there won like 4 tourneys i think maybe 3
      but seems like the others may hv too
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      been watching alot of pro tables since they play basically the same way u said but im still worried about rebuy and add on
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Basically you shouldn't play a tournament where you can't affort rebuys and/or addons. Your chances will be quite low since you have a big disadvantage due to your smaller stack.

At the same time it doesn't make sense to play satellites to rebuy events where you wouldn't be able to take rebuys since the rebuys are not included if you win a seat.

Since you already registered you should follow vuciitis tips and hope for the best.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      i won free rolls and kept get tokens from win after win and eventually they tokens brought me there i never spent a penny
      i hv just been winning most of my satelites lately they all started free
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      A word of advice: Unregister.

If you can't you could ask for a more experienced friend to rail and help out.
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      just realise my token is available till 20th january thats enough to to get a little more training under my belt
      and i might hv bankroll for rebuys then
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      As the poster above said you should be able to unregister. Doing so will give you the cash value of the ticket (most poker rooms allow this, depending on how you sat'd there).

Guess it depends what you care about more: fun or profit. If the former, then go for it. Your heart will be pounding and your palms sweating when you make that crucial shove. If the latter, then try and unregister. Without an addon/rebuys you're at SUCH a disadvantage, not to mention you're going to be way out of your depth. The chances of winning are really very slim.
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      did unregister but i will hv to play at some point
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      didnt make it but it was nice
      didnt rebuy and stuff actually i went to the first hour with just above my starting stack
      i became 1 of the big stacks soon after but then went card dead for a while picked up aces and King in the big blind but it was folded around
      i missed final table by 2 spots
      must say the field was not difficult at all
      was nice not having 5 or 6 players per pot
      i went against you guys advise i started playing quite loose called a few 97s and 62s at first but there was huge stack bu to my bb and maniac on the bb to my bu so had to tighten up soon after
      finished 11th of 46
      shoved Ats in the sb 16bb deep bu called for like 2/3 of his stack with AJ
      he made jack on flop i hit T on turn so i had a 2 outter on river guess it was no meant to be
      well must say i learnt alot i played quite well i must say except for 1 or two spots one where i gave a free card and lost a pot i should hv won and i decided to call J3s in the bb hand be4 i went out maybe thats what cause me to shove At so deep but what can i say
      time to hit the drawing board and get back on the horse
      well i dont like horses but u know what i mean :D